Update: Trying on new 89 cowl with 89 armor set

Started by Batnar, Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 19:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 19:19 Last Edit: Wed, 3 Jun 2009, 04:17 by Batnar
Alright so, i just obtained a new cowl which is also a Bob D sculpt, like the others I posted, but the only difference is that this one seems to be a perfect fit (which is ironic because I was so convinced it wasn't at first, lol).

This could be my definitive cowl to wear with my 89 suit.  :)

I love it so far.
Let me know what you think!

BTW, I also recently managed to obtain a sweet Batman Returns Cowl. =] Still waiting for it to make its way over to my place from the UK. I'll post pics of that soon. :)

Overall, the comfort is really good because it's a bit loose compared to what I'm used to sporting.

Well... I hope this looks good. If it does, then great. Now I can move on to the next mission which is my 89 latex/fabric cape. >_<

Thanks for taking the time buds! Long live the 89!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Yeah, I have to agree that it is indeed picture-perfect. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the suit!

P.S. - Can't wait to see what your BR suit is going to look like. The thought of seeing that is making the thrill within me go out of control! :D

Hahahaha thanks.  ;D As soon as I get it, I'll post it.
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   

Those last 2 photos, I thought I was actually looking at Keaton!!  :o

That is an amazing cowl! Who is this Bob D? How do I get one of his wonderful toys?! (Sorry, I mean wonderful cowls  :P)

Those first pics with the body armor and the cowl look perfect to me.  Best I have seen.

Quote from: Rob the Goon on Sun, 12 Apr  2009, 21:43
How do I get one of his wonderful toys?! (Sorry, I mean wonderful cowls  :P)

I have the BD 89 molds on the way to my shop very soon...few more weeks ;)

;) Thanks guys! I love the new cowl.

Quote from: Reevz666 on Sun, 12 Apr  2009, 23:45
Quote from: Rob the Goon on Sun, 12 Apr  2009, 21:43
How do I get one of his wonderful toys?! (Sorry, I mean wonderful cowls  :P)

I have the BD 89 molds on the way to my shop very soon...few more weeks ;)

Oh you're going to get sick of me. LOL. I wont stop bothering you when you get those.   ;D I think thats great news.  ;)

Keep us posted! I'm gonna start saving up to buy you a new house! ..roflmao.

Fantastic!  :)
I definitely will be needing spare parts. So far, I'm still missing my arm and calf rubber parts.
I am currently building another 89 suit which is made of latex.
But I definitely want to have a back up suit or 2 made. Because I'll be honest with you, I'm not looking to ever go any further than Batman and Batman Returns suits.

And I'd love to have parts ready just in case I damage anything. For instance, My urethane chest armor tore from the back shoulder blades when I extended my arms to spread my cape. Its alright though. I cut the ends in the back, a little higher (you cant see it because the cape covers it completely, and made a perfect circle out so it wouldnt tear further and finally bonded some spare urethane around the edges to reinforce it. It's held up since then.

But I remember I was totally bummed when it first happened.  Im glad i managed to save it.

Oh, a question. Will you be casting these out of urethane also? Or latex?
And finally, are you looking for a 2 bedroom house or 3?  (hahahaha jk)

I'd be making them in urethane..but I a few connections in the FX buisness that may help me do full foam latex suits

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy reply bro!  :)

Another question. Is it not possible to pour latex in those molds? Are the molds specially made for urethane use only? Thanks again  ;)