You can call me Joker...

Started by kamanojk, Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 03:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 03:49 Last Edit: Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 01:59 by kamanojk
Last years Halloween was my best effort ever (and most expensive).  Nicholson's Joker has always been my favorite version of the character.  This was my homage to him.  I included my daughters and mother-in-law in the mix for dramatic effect.  Had my picture taken for most of the evening with fellow costumed parents and their children.  Can't wait to reprise him again on this 20th anniversary of the 1989 movie.
Joker

Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 03:55 #1 Last Edit: Fri, 13 Feb 2009, 22:43 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: kamanojk on Thu,  5 Feb  2009, 03:49
Last years Halloween was my best effort ever (and most expensive).  Nicholson's Joker has always been my favorite version of the character.  This was my homage to him.  I included my daughters and mother-in-law in the mix for dramatic effect.  Had my picture taken for most of the evening with fellow costumed parents and their children.  Can't wait to reprise him again on this 20th anniversary of the 1989 movie.

Yes, the costume looks DEAD ON! ;D

Great pictures man! Nice job on the Jack look and you're MIL and daughters are cute Joker goons. :)

Great photos, it's good to see that Nicholson's Joker still has immense influence. You should probably get someone to dress up as your nemisis, Batman  for this Halloween.

Nice! I love that you went all out. Great Joker make up and great 'goons' tehe.

Great pics! :D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Wow that's pretty impressive!!

If you'll mind my asking, how hard was it to make your Joker costume? I'm interested in getting one custom made, but the prices, much less finding a tailor capable of making the suit, are a bit off-putting.

It was not cheap.  My wife had a friend from work that did theatrical tailoring (living in Las Vegas there is plenty of business in making costumes).  I picked up the materials from a local fabric shop looking to to duplicate what I see in several photos off the web of Mr. Nicholson in character.  The make up was readily available, except for the permanent grin.  After searching for several weeks I found a company on the web out of Toronto Canada that had pre-fabricated appliances (to include an evil clown) that looked perfect.

3 hours of make up and nearly $1,000.00 later I fulfilled my fantasy of being the best of all foes to the Dark Knight.

I like the costume so much that I plan on being Mr. J again this Halloween season.
Joker

Good for you, Nicholson's Joker was and will always be iconic.