Batman Returns Custom

Started by jkx2, Tue, 24 Jun 2008, 21:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 24 Jun 2008, 21:22 Last Edit: Thu, 18 Sep 2008, 20:46 by shadowbat69
Hi,

I'm looking for a 1/6 custom Batman Returns figure. Does anybody know who has a good one? I saw one posted in the gallery section on this site with the cowl off. Is the maker a member of this site and does he sell the figure.

Thanks,

jkx2

this one?

it is owned by Martin-El.  You could PM him and find out where he got it.

I have spoken to Henry Wayne plenty of times over the years. He started selling the Batman89' version in late 2004, early 2005. They are now considered to be extremely rare because of their quality(always have been). He only made a certain amount of each figure. I know for a fact he made 89 of the Batman89' version. I'm not sure about the Batman Returns version. A logical guess would be 92 of that version.

I too have always wanted one of his Batman figures, but I'm afraid he no longer produces them. His close friends and whoever else he sold them to are the only ones who have a Henry Wayne Batman figure in their possession.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Henry offered these up to his fellow members of the BOTB. Every now and again someone will decide to offer one up, but it usually goes quick.

I always wanted one of his 89' Batman figures. I can recall them going up to $800 on Ebay. Sometimes if someone was lucky they would get a Batman for $400. I remember he offered me one for $310 which is a good deal looking back at it. However, at the time I was only 16 and didn't have a job so I couldn't afford such a high-priced item.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Quote from: Joker89 on Thu, 24 Jul  2008, 02:42
However, at the time I was only 16 and didn't have a job so I couldn't afford such a high-priced item.

Even at 35 its hard to afford a high priced item.lol

Well, I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but whenever I see something I really want, I never have the money to buy it. However, when ever I save up my money, and can afford something expensive such as the Henry Wayne Batman....I can never seem to find anything good.

So its seems that I always see cool things I want when I don't have the money for them. Then when I do have the money, I cannot find anything good. This usually results in me blowing my money on the second best thing for basically the same price. Then, a couple weeks later when I'm broke again...what do you know, all the cool stuff is back again! >:( If that doesn't frustrate you I don't know what will.

I see them on ebay every now and again...I actually think that his Returns is  alittle bit better than his 89...I remember he was going to offer a Nicholson Joker but there wasn't enough interest

Yeah, Henry Wayne's 'Returns' figure looks so much better than the 89' figure. Do you think he would ever consider re-releasing the 89' Version, with a better cowl? I think he should.

Is the 'Returns' cowl, the same cowl model they used in the 1989 movie?