Bats of Rage

Started by Azrael, Thu, 21 Feb 2013, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Or as they titled it, Streets of Rage II: Hero Edition.

It's basically a mod of Streets of Rage II. It looks and plays exactly as I remember it, with a slightly reduced colour palette to accomodate for the new sprites. Batman plays like a stronger Axel while Superman is a faster Max.

It's one of the better Batman games, and easily THE best Superman game. I did a full co-op playthrough with a friend, and it plays fine right to the end, no glitches.

The only downside? They could edit the colours of the final boss. If his suit was purple, his face white and his hair green, he would look like Doomsday.

That looks very cool.

Anybody know what program they used to do this? I don't know programing but I am a decent artist. I would love to customize this game more. Put more Batman characters in it, change the city to gotham, etc.

Thu, 21 Feb 2013, 19:01 #3 Last Edit: Thu, 21 Feb 2013, 19:06 by SilentEnigma
Streets of Rage Online has all the info

The name of the software used for changing the sprites is Pancake, and it's easy to use really. Downsides: limited colour palette and only the sprites can be edited (backgrounds, story screens, BGM etc. remain intact).

For something more ambitious, SORmaker is highly recommended. One can edit everything: sprites, backgrounds, music etc. basically create a new game based on the Streets of Rage Remake engine. Some fans have already done good work with the mods, but sadly there's no Batman, except for the use of some backgrounds.

I've got Streets of Rage II on the Wii Virtual Console. The original game is excellent in itself, but this mod makes it look even better.

Could that be Nicolas Cage's Superman fighting alongside Bat-Keaton?

I love these games, and this is too funny not to share