Peacemaker (TV 2022)

Started by Catwoman, Thu, 23 Sep 2021, 00:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is the first peek at the "Peacemaker" series with John Cena continuing in his role from "The Suicide Squad." All of 12 seconds and half of that are HBO Max bumpers lol.

(I forgot how to embed videos  :-[)

Like I said in the thread for TSS I'm looking forward to seeing this and how it follows the movie's events. I really enjoyed the character even though I hated his final scenes (which I suppose was the idea). I'm not a wrestling fan but Cena has always seemed cool as hell to me and is by all accounts a really good dude in real life, and the character is hysterical at points when he's supposed to be in the movie, so this should be fun.

Oh it embedded on its own, score! lol

Seems like something SN would be into.

I heard this POS show has the titular character making gross remarks about some of DC's beloved heroes, i.e. joking about Wonder Woman eye effing him in front of schoolkids, Superman has a fecal matter fetish, and Aquaman pays for sex with fish.

Yeah, you read that right.

This is apparently the direction those degenerates at Toxic WB want to go for. A cheap Deadpool knockoff. Deadpool sucks ass, and so does this.

James Gunn is an unfunny creep.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Four episodes in (three on premiere date last week and the fourth today) I'm really enjoying it. It's a bit of a mess, yes. Chaotic and crude but it's also got humor and heart. Really eager to see where it's going to go after today's revelations.

Episode five down, it just keeps getting and better. Far better than what I expected leading into the show or even through the first episode.

Dammit somebody else needs to watch so I have someone to discuss it with. lol. It's the number one rated show according to IMDb and all I'll say is believe the hype. It's an action packed emotional roller coaster with a sh*t ton of questions still to be answered with just three episodes to go in this season.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  5 Jan  2022, 02:22
I heard this POS show has the titular character making gross remarks about some of DC's beloved heroes, i.e. joking about Wonder Woman eye effing him in front of schoolkids, Superman has a fecal matter fetish, and Aquaman pays for sex with fish.

Yeah, you read that right.

This is apparently the direction those degenerates at Toxic WB want to go for. A cheap Deadpool knockoff. Deadpool sucks ass, and so does this.

James Gunn is an unfunny creep.

Yes, Peacemaker has made these jokes (the WW one hasn't come up in the series yet but was in trailers) and also went on a diatribe about Batman, calling him a pussy, a jackass, and repeating the oft-asked question of how many people he's indirectly killed by not killing villains like the Joker once and for all.

Thing is, this isn't a superhero show. He's a villain, or is actually being portrayed as an anti-villain, and it's working as we see more of who he actually is which has been the biggest and best surprise of the show, but you still have to have elements that show he's still a douche and the poster child for toxic masculinity. He's also shown to be naïve. Direct quotes, first responding to someone saying Global Warming is not a hoax: "Psh, yeah, Facebook's lying to me every day."  Being asked where he gets the things he says after the above mentioned Superman comment which was in the newest episode and replying "Google" and being told it's wrong, "So you know more than Google. Congratulations."

Sat, 29 Jan 2022, 02:10 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 29 Jan 2022, 03:00 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 27 Jan  2022, 19:57
Yes, Peacemaker has made these jokes (the WW one hasn't come up in the series yet but was in trailers) and also went on a diatribe about Batman, calling him a pussy, a jackass, and repeating the oft-asked question of how many people he's indirectly killed by not killing villains like the Joker once and for all.

Thing is, this isn't a superhero show. He's a villain, or is actually being portrayed as an anti-villain, and it's working as we see more of who he actually is which has been the biggest and best surprise of the show, but you still have to have elements that show he's still a douche and the poster child for toxic masculinity. He's also shown to be naïve. Direct quotes, first responding to someone saying Global Warming is not a hoax: "Psh, yeah, Facebook's lying to me every day."  Being asked where he gets the things he says after the above mentioned Superman comment which was in the newest episode and replying "Google" and being told it's wrong, "So you know more than Google. Congratulations."

Good on you for enjoying this show, but I can't stand James Gunn's garbage sense of humour. I already saw clips of this show, and thought it sucked complete ass. I'm not wasting my time on this brutally unfunny nonsense, I don't care if he's supposed to be a villain or an anti-villain.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

DC live action content is in the gutter right now. I really hope the new Discovery merger results in serious change, because this is pathetic.