Has anyone seen Batman Forever - Dark Knight Edition???

Started by BatmanFanatic93, Tue, 19 Mar 2013, 06:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 10:54
???
:-\ *waves my hand infornt of your face* hello?Selina?.... ??? i think i lost her
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Even if one dislikes the current film - truth is, the real bastardisation of BF would be tampering with it. It's a Schumacher directed film and he made it as such.

But yeah, I don't see any harm in fans playing around with editing tools at all. Go for it.

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 10:56
???
:-\ *waves my hand infornt of your face* hello?Selina?.... ??? i think i lost her

after you confuse the sh*t out of me you show me a huge dancing RAT. what did you think would happen?

... here's the intro provided by BatmAngelus from the Schumacher's Cut Thread.

It might be a dumb question since I haven't touched the Batman Forever special features disc for many years (and don't have access to my DVDs right now), but is that opening credits sequence (after 2:00) from the deleted scenes? Yes the credits are obviously fanmade, they even have typos (Bob Cane?) and the score consists of Sleepy Hollow edited with some 89 and Returns (re-recordings, maybe RSNO, not the original score) but I don't know where this footage comes from.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 18:41
Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 10:56
???

after you confuse the sh*t out of me you show me a huge dancing RAT. what did you think would happen?
I dunno maybe get a good laugh out of it?
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Wed, 20 Mar 2013, 22:45 #25 Last Edit: Thu, 21 Mar 2013, 01:03 by BatmanFanatic93
Quote from: SilentEnigma on Wed, 20 Mar  2013, 19:28
... here's the intro provided by BatmAngelus from the Schumacher's Cut Thread.

It might be a dumb question since I haven't touched the Batman Forever special features disc for many years (and don't have access to my DVDs right now), but is that opening credits sequence (after 2:00) from the deleted scenes? Yes the credits are obviously fanmade, they even have typos (Bob Cane?) and the score consists of Sleepy Hollow edited with some 89 and Returns (re-recordings, maybe RSNO, not the original score) but I don't know where this footage comes from.

The footage of the human brain comes from a doucmentary about brains and neurons it's on youtube

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Tue, 19 Mar  2013, 06:24
I was looking through an old forum i saved to read later a couple of months ago and was wondering if anyone on here has veiwed it before?
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Batman-Forever-Dark-Knight-Edition/topic/8039/
A friend of mine on deviantart told me it was decleared to be fake but i dunno seems pretty legit even though this cut and it's pictures hasn't been brought up for years but i just wanna be certain if anyone has seen it or seen pictures/videos about it.Any info would be helpful :)

I remember reading the thread way back when it was first posted. I would love for this to be real but there are too many questionable statements. For example, he mentions the runtime as being 2hrs 5 Mins but there aren't enough deleted scenes on the DVD to get it up to that length.

He also posted about it on Superherohype:

QuoteA professional editor in hollywood worked on this edit for over 2 years. It was edited on a high end editing system. I was at the "party" where it was first shown. 10 copies were given out, but I don't think this edit was ever inteneded to go beyond them. I have tried very hard to get a copy, but I haven't had any luck. That was almost 6 months ago when i saw it.

Chances are if someone claims to have this edit, they are A lying B have a different edit that they think is this one or C hussling you.

I think since most of the people involved in the edit work in hollywood, they'd rather not release it and keep it to themselves. For fear of some sort of "blacklisting". I can say that next to the rumored pending schmacher edit, this is the best version of BF ever. And fits very much with the first two films.

What are the odds that a hardcore Batman fan would just happen to be at a "party" where a professional film editor was screening a fanedit of Batman Forever that it took him two years to create?

Having said that, that thread partly inspired me to start fanediting myself. I've occasionally edited a few scenes in Batman Forever just for my own personal enjoyment. Main difficulty I have is that the Goldenthal music is pretty much in every scene which means that to rescore you have to mute it and rebuild the sound mix. Of course, it's even more time-consuming if there's dialogue in the scene which you want to keep.

I also really like the idea of using footage from The Client to show Dent before he became Two-Face.

I'll try to complete a clip one of these days and post it. 

Having said that, that thread partly inspired me to start fanediting myself. I've occasionally edited a few scenes in Batman Forever just for my own personal enjoyment. Main difficulty I have is that the Goldenthal music is pretty much in every scene which means that to rescore you have to mute it and rebuild the sound mix. Of course, it's even more time-consuming if there's dialogue in the scene which you want to keep.

I also really like the idea of using footage from The Client to show Dent before he became Two-Face.

I'll try to complete a clip one of these days and post it.
Y'know i had the same problem when i was redoing batman forever with music so i downloaded AV Music Morpher Gold v5.0.41 which deletes the original background music and keeps the dialog and some of the sound effects but sometimes you have to add some new ones yourself but anyways if you want to add a new score for batman forever i recommend AV Music Morpher Gold v5.0.41

Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 17:04 #28 Last Edit: Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 17:56 by phantom stranger
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check that out.

In general, the first thing I do is use DVD Audio Extractor to split the audio streams. With some films, if you're lucky, you can get an audio track with only SFX/Dialogue. Unfortunately, I tried it with all the Burton/Schumacher films and was only able to find two short scenes in which this worked. I had more luck with the Nolan films.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat, 30 Mar  2013, 17:04
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check that out.

In general, the first thing I do is use DVD Audio Extractor to split the audio streams. With some films, if you're lucky, you can get an audio track with only SFJ/Dialogue. Unfortunately, I tried it with all the Burton/Schumacher films and was only able to find two short scenes in which this worked. I had more luck with the Nolan films.
Huh y'know i tried the same thing before but for the life of me i couldn't even figure it out so i went with a different program and boom i went with AV Music Morpher Gold which was tricky to understand but i got the hang of it under a couple of mins.