Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Patty Jenkins has written a statement denying the gossip surrounding her departure from Wonder Woman 3.

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1602824242684252161

James Gunn replied to her tweet with this very weird comment:

Quote from: James Gunn
I can attest that all of Peter [Safran] and my interactions with you were only pleasant and professional.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1602843372846080000

Jenkins merely stated her side of the story without attacking the studio or anyone personally. Aside from tacitly confirming he doesn't want to work with Jenkins, I see no need for Gunn to make this comment. For whatever reason, he seemed very defensive.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 13 Dec  2022, 16:44
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 13 Dec  2022, 11:33

Companies hire people to work for them, but they should have some inherent idea of what they want themselves. By hiring Gunn, the studio are admitting they really don't know what they're doing and never did. They need to be told, and will probably do as they're told. For now, as Snyder found out after BvS. For better or worse, we're going to see what Gunn pitched, and if it excites the fanbase in any way.
See, that's where I'm still incredibly confused how the whole Gunn and Safran thing came about. You claim you want to see their pitch, but at the same time, they keep telling everyone that nobody knows their plan(even WB), and that they're still working on it. Why did WB hire these guys, without any knowledge of what they're planning on doing? You wanna see their pitch, but pitches are basically an outline of a plan, but they claim they have no outline, and that they're working on their overall plan/outline for the next 10 years. That's why I'm still in a "wait and see" approach, because I'm still confused how this all came about, when they themselves claim that they're essentially winging it right now, and that nobody knows anything about anything.

That doesn't give me confidence. I would have way more confidence if I knew WB were scouting out different people who came up with the best outline and solution for a cohesive universe for DC. But again, Gunn and Safran have outright told us that they have no plan right now. Why is anyone excited about this? Again, I don't have confidence right now. WB literally just went:

WB: "Oh hey, Gunn and Safran. You want to control the DC universe? Convince me. What's your plan?"

Gunn and Safran: "we have no plan....but we'll make one, I guess?".

WB: "Brilliant! Here's the keys to DC cinematic universe"

I mean, this sounds worse than Snyder being forced to make his movies into a cinematic universe. I dunno?....
It's a delicate situation as we now know what was being cooked up before Gunn was hired. A Man of Steel sequel and something with Keaton and Pfeiffer. We may have dodged bullets as to their quality, but we don't know that. Unless Gunn and Co deliver comparable projects in terms of fan excitement, I can't see how their hiring is an upgrade. The heat is on them to make the past seem incomparable to the future. And as you say, they're making it up as they go. If it goes badly I'm not putting all responsibility on to them, but rather the studio. We wouldn't even have Gunn in the role if it wasn't for their decision. I'm very much in wait and see mode.

Following the despicable ousting of Henry Cavill, it's now reported that all the JL actors are getting recast. That degenerate James Gunn has tweeted the Superman reboot will feature a young Clark Kent who has already met the other members of the Justice League. My guess is they're going to make all the other team members close to his age.

Gal Gadot did express her eagerness to return as Wonder Woman, but that was a day before it was announced Patty Jenkins' WW3 wasn't going forward. It's likely that Gal didn't know the project got scrapped and wasn't consulted about the shenanigans going on behind the scenes.

If Gal does return then that means the DCU reboot is a farce, because it would mean they're picking and choosing who they want and discarding the rest. Knowing what a weasel James Gunn is, I expect that will happen when he keeps his Peacemaker/TSS actors going forward.

But realistically, I believe Gal's time is finished, sadly. Right or wrong, she was very loyal to Jenkins, and I can't see her putting up with Gunn's stupidity even if he wanted her to continue.

When that gets announced, the angry backlash will be just as intense as the Cavill news. I shudder to think what a WW reboot will look like in the future.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 18 Dec  2022, 07:46I shudder to think what a WW reboot will look like in the future.
Just saying...

Yes, this was a real variant cover.

I think Trav, colors and myself are okay with the idea of rebooting. We expressed as much not too long ago. If they get a nice piece of ace as WW they're on the right track. But if they go with an obese purple lesbian from Tonga wearing torn jeans, who identifies as a zucchini, we're going to have problems. 

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 18 Dec  2022, 08:21

I remember seeing this a couple of years ago, and getting a chuckle out of it.

But to slightly paraphrase the immortal words of Tommy Lee Jones:

"I cannot sanction their buffoonery."

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 19 Dec  2022, 03:05
I think Trav, colors and myself are okay with the idea of rebooting. 
Yeah, I'm fine with the idea of it. I'm just hoping it turns out good. That's all you can do.

It's just too early to be that upset. Sure, the Cavill news sucks, but we saw the writing on the wall years ago. This was inevitable. At least we got the Snyder Cut, so you can't be that upset. It is what it is.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 19 Dec  2022, 21:32
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 19 Dec  2022, 03:05
I think Trav, colors and myself are okay with the idea of rebooting. 
Yeah, I'm fine with the idea of it. I'm just hoping it turns out good. That's all you can do.

It's just too early to be that upset. Sure, the Cavill news sucks, but we saw the writing on the wall years ago. This was inevitable. At least we got the Snyder Cut, so you can't be that upset. It is what it is.
I agree. It's the fact fans were outright told Cavill was back which makes the change of course jarring. But indeed, for the longest time we saw the issues the DCEU had and saw the benefit of starting over. I liked Gal in the role but if it's a proper reboot everything must go. Gunn is meant to be outlining the initial stages in a couple of weeks, so I'll see what that entails.

There are ways of casting this role right.

I'd be the very last person to defend Adrianne Palicki on ALMOST anything. Because if you've spent any time in Austin at all, you're probably familiar with the gossip factor and you've heard many a story about Palicki. Put it this way, hypothetically if Johnny Depp ever somehow ended up married to Palicki, you'd have to wonder what he ever had against Amber Heard. Because Palicki makes Heard look like a choirgirl.

But I'll defend the decision to cast her as Wonder Woman on a superficial basis. I mean, say whatever you want about Palicki's personal stability (or her apparent inability to avoid bar fights) (with men), she was pretty smokin' hot when this picture was taken. And while that particular Wonder Woman uniform might not be the best choice for the character, (1) it's still recognizably Wonder Woman (2) it doesn't take much imagination to see how things could've been a lot worse and (3) Palicki LOOKS the part and those heels put her well over six feet tall.

The concern that I think many of us have is that the eventual Wonder Woman actress will, to be politic about it, not resemble Palicki AT ALL.