Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Haven't seen it yet, judging by some spoiler comments I read (spoilers don't take away the enjoyment IMO, and I don't have any patience with professional film critics who pay more attention to their writing than the movie they write about) it indeed has some weird choices that maybe justify this 30%.

Quote from: Nycteris on Fri, 25 Mar  2016, 01:37
Haven't seen it yet, judging by some spoiler comments I read (spoilers don't take away the enjoyment IMO, and I don't have any patience with professional film critics who pay more attention to their writing than the movie they write about) it indeed has some weird choices that maybe justify this 30%.
I have no time for critics and Tomato Meters.

This was right up my alley.

Dark Knight, are you still proceeding with your 'Batfleck' feature?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 25 Mar  2016, 09:47
Dark Knight, are you still proceeding with your 'Batfleck' feature?
You better believe it buddy. I am fired up right now. My Batman passion has been rekindled by this movie, after a dark cloud of uncertainty the last few days. I am going to finish this analysis as soon as humanly possible, to get the praise out there that Affleck and the creative team deserve.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 02:33
That was f***ing epic!!!
Glad you liked it, and we're on the same page.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 09:25
That was f***ing epic!!!

Yea how often does THAT happen? lol

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 09:42
That was f***ing epic!!!

Heh. It's good when it happens though, right?

So Affleck is now your favourite Batman, too?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 09:56
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 09:42
That was f***ing epic!!!

Heh. It's good when it happens though, right?

So Affleck is now your favourite Batman, too?

Yes. He brought everything to the table and then some. I still love Michael and Val but this version of Batman, the ruthless, no f***s given in his pursuit of justice badass just did it for me. It reminded me of the Bat in the Arkham games and how brutal he is sometimes with the thugs which is a lot of fun to be in control of lol. Plus that is one beautiful hunk of man, y'all.

Indeed. He just suits the character so perfectly that he took my top spot. He's as American as they come, from Boston - the birthplace of the nation y'all.

He swaps between Batman's various roles with ease. He's the biggest body out of the lot, even more so than Bale. So you believe he could smash someone down in a brawl. I loved that training sequence when he's doing the weights and dragging the tyres. You can also believe he's an eligible bachelor given his good looks. But he still seems like a respected owner of a big, important company and has the respect of his employees, and Gotham/Metropolis at large.