The Batsuit Thread

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 20:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 31 May  2023, 15:04
The gray/blue outfit still intrigues me. Basically, Neil Adams meets Bob Ringwood. Reminds me of the Iron Winch Batman figure from Kenner's Dark Knight Collection.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

The one thing that bothers me about the new suit is that the emblem seems to not centered alot of the time. Even on the hottoys. I'm assuming it wasnt bulted in? I really hope its fixed in post

Via the Hot Toys exhibition in Hong Kong.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Do I believe Keatonman wore those other two suits briefly before the events of B89? I guess it's possible. But it's also possible, and probably more likely, that they're templates he designed but never even used - before settling on all black. Which is much more his style.

Since his appearance in The Flash is technically a composite universe, I'm willing to believe that this Keaton wore them at first. The one in the timeline of the original film himself? Nah. He was too new on the job to have had two additional suits before, unless he only wore one each for a little over a week before upgrading again.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Thu,  8 Jun  2023, 14:25Since his appearance in The Flash is technically a composite universe, I'm willing to believe that this Keaton wore them at first. The one in the timeline of the original film himself? Nah. He was too new on the job to have had two additional suits before, unless he only wore one each for a little over a week before upgrading again.

That's what I'm leaning towards. These two suits were briefly attired by Batkeats, but he found issues with both, and the third Batsuit (the '89 suit) being the charm. Being that Batman, in many various incarnations/forms throughout history, has commemorated various items in the Batcave, I don't find it hard to believe he would have a sentimentality about these two suits. Even if his nights on patrol in them were, ultimately, temporary.

Here's some more pictures of the other suits.

I still get a thrill out of seeing Keaton suit up again. When his return was first announced, there was speculation that he mightn't wear the costume owing to his age. Or that if he did, it would be computer generated. But no – he's manned up and donned the batsuit once again. West's the OG Caped Crusader, but Keaton's the OG Dark Knight.

Mon, 12 Jun 2023, 10:50 #27 Last Edit: Mon, 12 Jun 2023, 11:17 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Thu,  8 Jun  2023, 14:25Since his appearance in The Flash is technically a composite universe, I'm willing to believe that this Keaton wore them at first. The one in the timeline of the original film himself? Nah. He was too new on the job to have had two additional suits before, unless he only wore one each for a little over a week before upgrading again.
I've seen it described as the Burtonverse being the bedrock of the world with a distorted version of the Snyderverse placed on top. Meaning that when Zod arrives in both Man of Steel and The Flash, it's the first time humanity is introduced to alien invaders. Thus Batman has been the only hero all that time beforehand, which IMO is also true of the Burtonverse. What I'd like to know, is if Keaton in The Flash knows a change to his world has happened suddenly, or if this composite world is all he's known since birth. I'm unsure if this will be addressed or not (I'll find out tomorrow), but I'm guessing it's the latter.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 12 Jun  2023, 10:18West's the OG Caped Crusader, but Keaton's the OG Dark Knight.

Absolutely!

Having now seen the movie, I can confirm that the new suit looks better in motion than it does in the early pics. It has some cool features and makes a very worthy addition to the Burtonverse Batman's arsenal.