worlds greatest detective

Started by riddler, Tue, 5 Apr 2016, 20:24

Previous topic - Next topic
One aspect of this film which I think is not getting it's due is Batman/Bruce Wayne's detective skills.

One characteristic of Batman which hasn't been overly shown on film is Bruce Wayne doing his computer work in the batcave before going out in the field at night. Nolan and co. talked about showcasing Batman's detective skills but never basically just brushed on it (Batman setting up a crime scene in TDK and finding out about Selina kyle in TDKR). Schumachers batmans did a little bit. Keaton did especially in the first film solving the Joker. I truly felt that Affleck did it the best in this film especially going to Luthors lair and of course investigating Superman finding out if he's a threat and how to beat him.

Even though Superman is not overly known as as a detective (more an investigative journalist), we see Clark Kent as well doing this at his end and using his skills. This is something I think which could be critical for the justice league especially without the Green arrow; Green Lantern and Flash have been known to act without thinking first, it could be important to have Batman and Superman as the wise ones.

Yes, I agree. It was a fresh change to see Bruce planning ahead, deceiving his way into getting through the case (lying to Alfred about investigating a bomb and cloning Knyazev's phone), looking into LexCorp's involvement by going into the party and infiltrate the computer systems to learn of the Kryptonite. B89 did an adequate job in revealing Batman had already discovered vital information during the Smilex case off-screen, but it was nice that we saw him crack open the case for once.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei