Daredevil (2003) Comic Influences

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 14 Jun 2020, 17:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm sort of digging Josie Bissett as Karen. And Woody Harrelson as Bullseye is pretty inspired too.

There's a rumour circulating that Affleck has been spotted on the set of Deadpool 3, with some claiming that he's reprising his role as Daredevil. The plot of Deadpool 3 is thought to be similar to No Way Home and The Flash, with Deadpool and Wolverine travelling the multiverse encountering alternate versions of themselves.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/06/23/rumor-daredevil-star-ben-affleck-to-cameo-in-deadpool-3/

Now Ben's done playing Batman, it might be fun seeing him reprise his first superhero role. Even if it's just a cameo. Technically it would be the third movie in which he's played Matt Murdock, counting his deleted cameo in Elektra (2005). You can see that scene at the 3:55 mark in the following vid:

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 24 Jun  2023, 22:16Now Ben's done playing Batman, it might be fun seeing him reprise his first superhero role. Even if it's just a cameo. Technically it would be the third movie in which he's played Matt Murdock, counting his deleted cameo in Elektra (2005). You can see that scene at the 3:55 mark in the following vid:

I think so. For Ben, a Daredevil cameo might be somewhat cathartic given that he's likely closing the door on Superhero roles in his life.

Speaking of that scene, I vaguely remember something about Jennifer Garner blithely stating in an interview just prior to filming the "Elektra" movie, that she would love for Ben Affleck and Colin Farrell to make cameos in the film. Well, obviously Affleck filmed one, but for whatever reason it wasn't included. I never understood the reasoning behind that one. Sure, the movie wasn't great, and Affleck's cameo couldn't have improved the film, but it definitely wouldn't have hurt it.   

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hope that Reynolds will use this opportunity to call back Affleck's statement "By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero ... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon." It's too good of a meta joke for a character like Deadpool to ignore.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/deadpool-3-jennifer-garner-returning-as-elektra-1235530539/

I can't imagine Garner's Elektra (confirmed) return without Affleck's Daredevil in tow. That's a one-two punch if there ever was one.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Fri,  7 Jul  2023, 23:44I can't imagine Garner's Elektra (confirmed) return without Affleck's Daredevil in tow. That's a one-two punch if there ever was one.
It was also a pretty acrimonious divorce from all accounts.

Never say never. But seeing is believing.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat,  8 Jul  2023, 00:01It was also a pretty acrimonious divorce from all accounts.

Never say never. But seeing is believing.

Well, the use of green screen techniques can be a wonderful thing if professionalism is moot. Compose them together in post production, and voilĂ .

Right now I'm more intrigued about seeing this version of Daredevil and Elektra return than I am about Born Again. I hope they don't reduce them to a cheap sight gag like you-know-who at the end of The Flash.

Here's a great interview with Mark Steven Johnson where he looks back on Daredevil for its twentieth anniversary. He talks about his plans for the unmade sequel and shares his thoughts on the Netflix show. It's worth a read if you're a fan of this film.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daredevil-ben-affleck-jennifer-garner-mark-steven-johnson-2003-marvel-160016294.html

Yeah, I am pretty much in the same boat.

You know those movies where, sure, you might like the movie well enough, but wind up liking it more due to your own personal experiences/memories that you can't help but continue to associate with the film and that time and place?

Daredevil (2003) is one of those movies for me.

Quote from: The Joker on Sat,  8 Jul  2023, 18:39You know those movies where, sure, you might like the movie well enough, but wind up liking it more due to your own personal experiences/memories that you can't help but continue to associate with the film and that time and place?

Daredevil (2003) is one of those movies for me.
Honestly, same. It was a vivid time. I saw it on opening day in a mid-afternoon showing with my (now ex) gf.

It was a good day. We saw the movie, had dinner, did Valentinesy stuff. The movie was the start of my fandom for Evanescence as well.

Plus, I never disliked the film. Sure, the Netflix show is better. But the movie is still decent enough for me. My affection for the movie doesn't come purely from what a good day I had going to see it.

But yes, it is a strange fate to be in higher anticipation of Ben Affleck's next outing as Daredevil than Charlie Cox's. How did things ever get this far??