Ghostbusters trailer *Brand New* (2016)

Started by Grissom, Thu, 3 Mar 2016, 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  7 Jul  2016, 00:31

Scarface, True Grit, The Fly, Cape Fear, and Little Shop of Horrors comes to mind.

I agree with Dawn of the Dead as well. I know George Romero doesn't advocate the whole zombies being able to run deal, but I thought Snyder did a effective job in essentially re-telling that story in a modern setting.

John Carpenter's The Thing is another, though admittedly, it's a much more loose remake (if it can be called that) if anything.
Oh yeah, that's a great list of remakes, especially The Thing (one of my all-time favourite horror movies), and Little Shop of Horrors.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  8 Jul  2016, 02:51
Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri,  8 Jul  2016, 00:06Something of a buzz presently going on regarding an actual end credits surprise scene in the film. It sounds pretty big from those who have seen early previews. With cries of "stay till after the credits. People will be happy!" and someone (who appears to be a family relative of Paul Feig) announcing "Best...end credits...ever!!".

I had my own speculations about what it might feature, posted my thoughts up and less than a couple of hours later....it's been deleted. So I think I hit the nail on the head. I won't say what I wrote up but if you'd like me to illuminate?
What has anybody said here to make you believe we're at all concerned about spoilers? Especially when any "spoiler" is absolute conjecture on your part?

Bill Murray doing a cameo is my guess, btw.

It's well known Murray is doing a cameo. If they save it for the end credits, it wont be much of a surprise.

Murray cameos as a sceptic TV host who gets killed when the ghost dragon from the trailer knocks him out of a window during the concert scene.

Aykroyd cameos as a cab driver.

Hudson cameos as the uncle of Leslie Jones' character.

Weaver cameos as a college professor who has a conversation with Wigg's character.

Fair warning, the preceding content of this post contained spoilers and should not have been read by anyone who cares about such things.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri,  8 Jul  2016, 15:59
Murray cameos as a sceptic TV host who gets killed when the ghost dragon from the trailer knocks him out of a window during the concert scene.

Aykroyd cameos as a cab driver.

Hudson cameos as the uncle of Leslie Jones' character.

Weaver cameos as a college professor who has a conversation with Wigg's character.

Fair warning, the preceding content of this post contained spoilers and should not have been read by anyone who cares about such things.
Shouldn't you have put SPOILER at the top of post?

If I wanted to remove the irony, then yes. However I was in fact ripping off a joke from The Simpsons.

I'm not bothered, but should we assume that there aren't any posters here actually looking forward to the new Ghostbusters film?

Considering this thread contains over 16 pages of unremitting negativity, I'd say it's a fair assumption to make. If there is anyone who wants to discuss their enthusiasm for this film in a non-spoiler environment, it should be apparent by now that Batman-Online is probably not the best place to do it. And if there is anyone whose anticipation of this film is contingent on 20 second cameos from the 1984 cast, then that merely illustrates how shallow their investment in Feig's vision was to begin with.

With regards to the cameos themselves, those details were leaked back in March and have been widely circulated in the comment sections of every website on the internet. Descriptions of Dan Aykroyd and Annie Pott's cameos are actually listed next to their names on the cast section of the Wikipedia page. From reddit to YouTube to IGN to the IMDb and beyond, everyone already knows the disappointing details. I believe they were even discussed in some of the videos posted earlier in this thread. Hence the irony in my describing the information as 'spoilers'.

I really think most of you are a pack of miserable cocksuckers actually lol The hell with the quality of the film. Such stroppy attitudes.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Sat,  9 Jul  2016, 00:24I really think most of you are a pack of miserable cocksuckers actually lol The hell with the quality of the film. Such stroppy attitudes.
That's rather unnecessary. And rude. Sony has gone far out of their way to upset half (or more) of this movie's core audience. They've created a divisive, artificial sexist narrative as part of this movie's promotional campaign. They're only getting what they deserve.

On balance, I find the overall atmosphere here relatively fair. I know of other forums where the reception to, say, Batman v Superman has been mostly toxic... and that for reasons almost entirely unrelated to the movie itself. Even the BVS detractors on this forum are willing to acknowledge what they consider to be the movie's strong points while still disagreeing with the whole.

I think calling them names just because they don't like a movie you apparently are looking forward to is fair, especially in light of Sony's own actions in this whole mess.

Sit back, relax and get a tub of popcorn. Deadline now says Equalitybusters is tracking to open between 35-41 million.