Control

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 21 Sep 2013, 16:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 21 Sep 2013, 16:47 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Sep 2013, 19:25 by BatmAngelus
While I liked the last couple episodes better, I still enjoy the direction the show's going now, with a more continuing storyline.  The Batman-Gordon alliance is officially in full swing.

I had to look up this week's villain to see if he came from the source material and sure enough, he did.  Here's the comic book version of Cypher: http://www.writeups.org/fiche.php?id=2362
No fancy costume like in the show, but I think the BTB version worked.

Wasn't expecting Tatsu to be going out with Jason Burr or the ending.

I'm interested to see if the final shot means Jason will go down the path he went in the comics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobra_(comics)#Jason_Burr

Also, this series may have the best version of the Batcomputer ever, since it has a personality.  First there was the Humpty Dumpty joke from weeks ago.  This week's was: "Then you better wish me luck."  "...Good luck, Batman."

Oh, and the villain got captured again.  This Batman is definitely better with Katana by his side.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

this epi was great. i can't count the times i said "oh sh*t!" when those green things zapped someone else. especially when batsy stands up and he is under that guy's control. that one i was like "OH sh*t!" and at the end when jason opened his eyes and they were still glowing. it was pretty creepy when he had tatsu and jason at the same time and they were talking. f***ing freaky is what it was lol.

speaking of jason i LOVED the parts with him and tatsu. they were so sweet like when he made her face in the building and then the kiss that finally defeated cypher. speaking of cypher holy sh*t that had to hurt when batsy put BOTH green things in his neck. i wish they had taken his mask off so we could know who he is but i guess he won't be coming back anytime soon soooo it don't really matter.

the computer is hilarious. it reminds me of the one from btas in the episode where alfred is flying the batwing. "your funeral." lmao.

was this the first time they played the full intro? usually its just bruce to batsy, him throwing the batarang, and the chick going "beware the bat!" lol.

sort of off topic but i like the cosplay girls they have saying "we'll be back with more beware the batman" or "we're back with more beware the batman" lol. the harley reminds me of, well, me. :P and the things where they try to take like stuff from the dc world and see if it works in real life. of course my fave was catwoman's whip. i'm sure that is such a surprise. ;)

the one where he got batman, my curse was in all caps btw. dumb censor. lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 22 Sep  2013, 05:46
was this the first time they played the full intro? usually its just bruce to batsy, him throwing the batarang, and the chick going "beware the bat!" lol.
It was.  I originally thought that CN was just showing a shortened intro for more ad time, but it looks like it was actually a creative decision to hold off on using it until after Tatsu took on the Katana persona.  It's a nice touch.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

ooooooo i didn't think of that!

oh btw you mentioned gordon. i like how he was sort of startled when batsy showed up lol.