The Penguin's Batmobile blueprint

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anybody else find it strange that the Penguin has a blueprint of the Batmobile pinned on his wall as he explains to Catwoman how he plans to shame Batman?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

When I lurked the IMDb board for this movie (I should post but there are too many morons and I don't want to get my claws bloody) there were like 100-post threads about this lol. It's the great mystery. How the hell did he get his flippers on them? It's a big plot hole if you think about it but since it's OSWALD I just ignore it.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 14 Nov  2014, 12:51
When I lurked the IMDb board for this movie (I should post but there are too many morons and I don't want to get my claws bloody) there were like 100-post threads about this lol. It's the great mystery. How the hell did he get his flippers on them? It's a big plot hole if you think about it but since it's OSWALD I just ignore it.
What do you mean by morons?

There are hardly any of us left on the Batman and Batman Returns boards anymore, so I hope you're not suggesting that I'm one of them.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Trolls basically. And the like. I find your opinions on the movie and on certain characters to be rather, em, vacuous, but I won't call you a moron. At least not right now.

It's a plot hole basically. Just as how Selina Kyle miraculously learns martial arts in one night. Don't care. Couldn't give a sh*t really. It is what it is lol

But it's no more a bad plot hole than how Coleman Reese also miraculously discovers Batmobile blue prints in The Dark Knight as a means of blackmailing Bruce Wayne. Even after his life gets threatened he's just going to forget about what he's discovered??? Okay fair enough. I can ignore that crap just as the mistakes of Batman Returns. All is right with the world.

Ahem. Selina's kickassery is NOT a plot hole.

So shut up you screaming pinheaded puppet. >:(

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 14 Nov  2014, 16:35
It's a plot hole basically. Just as how Selina Kyle miraculously learns martial arts in one night. Don't care. Couldn't give a sh*t really. It is what it is lol

I suppose as long as you have a film where there are characters you genuinely like and you're invested in them, you can overlook whatever the plot holes any movie might have. I'd definitely say that Selina Kyle's tragic turn as Catwoman is such an emotional roller-coaster that it helps to your carry suspension of disbelief. It helps that the film doesn't take itself that seriously too, despite it can be bleak to watch at times.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 14 Nov  2014, 16:35
But it's no more a bad plot hole than how Coleman Reese also miraculously discovers Batmobile blue prints in The Dark Knight as a means of blackmailing Bruce Wayne. Even after his life gets threatened he's just going to forget about what he's discovered??? Okay fair enough. I can ignore that crap just as the mistakes of Batman Returns. All is right with the world.

I honestly wouldn't call Reese discovering the Tumbler blueprints a plot hole. It could mean that Fox and Bruce failed to cover their tracks properly, and it nearly bit them on the ass. I can believe their clumsiness could happen in that area.

To me, the bigger plot holes in TDK include:

• How did Bruce know that Joker was coming to the penthouse to abduct Harvey?
  • How did Gordon manage to fake his death and keep it a secret when he was surrounded by corrupt cops? I don't remember it being confirmed that the cops were in cahoots with Gordon all along.
  • How could the truth about Harvey Dent not come out when Det. Ramirez survived her ordeal with him?

In fact, I'd go further by saying that Batman taking the fall for Harvey is a plot hole because everyone knows he has been fighting crime for over a year, including saving Harvey's life twice the night before, and even brought Lau back from Hong Kong to help Harvey indict the mob. And if Batman tarnishes his own symbol in favour of Dent, wouldn't that be equally devastating to the city? Batman did have admirers after all.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Catwoman wasn't unbelievably powerful; I say that because Michelle Pfeiffer did a lot of the stunts in the film. For all we know, she could have been a gymnast or something before she lost her ambition and became a secretary.

The Batmobile... I have no idea how they'd get plans to a car made from the ground up by a man who works in absolute secrecy. I mean, that was the reason no one could mess with the car...

She apparently was a little athletic. Don't forget. "Maybe I should have let him win that last racquetball game."

That's why I say it's not a plot hole, I'm not just being an overly defensive bitch. I think she was athletic, perhaps even trained (self defense classes, maybe?) but she was so meeky and mousy that when the RTC guy grabbed her, she was powerless to fight back. Catwoman had no such inhibitions though and she unleashed herself.