Flash (CW)

Started by BatmAngelus, Wed, 31 Jul 2013, 02:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Well Reverse Flash was hinted at in Arrow. Captain Boomerang seems like a sure thing.

I really need to start watching some Arrow episodes. It'd be great to see Captain Boomerang in live action. I imagine they'd equip him with hi-tech boomerangs similar to the programmable batarang Keaton wields in Batman Returns. And of course Reverse Flash is a must if they're using Geoff Johns' Flash: Rebirth as the basis for the series.

I hope Gorilla Grodd makes an appearance too. I know I'm always criticising TV shows for making comic book characters look like regular people, but in this instance I'd cut them some slack. I don't think they could accurately portray a talking gorilla on a TV budget. And Grodd has adopted human form in the comics, so the idea isn't without precedent. Maybe they could depict him as a human but throw in some subtle hints about his true simian form in the background – some empty banana skins, a Donkey Kong arcade cabinet and a copy of the Rolling Stones' 'GRRR!' album... Yes, perhaps "subtle" wasn't the right word.

I'm not sure anyone could top Hamill's take on the Trickster though. It might be better to avoid using that character.

Watch episodes 8 and 9 (if I remember correct) of season 2 of arrow for Barry Allen. Very good.

I was actually about to ask if someone could tell me which episodes focus on Barry Allen, so thanks for that. I'll try and track those episodes down online and give them a look.

Truth be told, I'm probably more excited for this show than I am for the new Gotham series.

I was really excited when i found out Shipp was going to be in the new show.

I've always thought it would be a great idea if Shipp played Barry Allen in a "revival type" show starring the Wally West version of the character. Never thought it was going to happen but this is the next best thing.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 15 Mar  2014, 17:33
I was actually about to ask if someone could tell me which episodes focus on Barry Allen, so thanks for that. I'll try and track those episodes down online and give them a look.

Truth be told, I'm probably more excited for this show than I am for the new Gotham series.

season 2 episodes 8 and 9.

Without spoiling too heavily, there's not a lot of backstory revealed. Allen is lying about his motives saying he's with the Central City forensics unit but is truthfully doing his own investigations. It seems they are going the Captain America/Steve Rogers route of turning an ordinary man into his opposite; the pre-powered Allen for instance is supposed to be slow and always late.

It has officially been picked up for a full season.

Source: http://headlineplanet.com/home/2014/05/08/cw-orders-flash-passes-bloodlines/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Promo teaser has been released, featuring Stephen Amell as Green Arrow.

Flash seems to be the happy-go-lucky contrast to Oliver Queen. That's good I say. Not that keen on the music though.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

A bit late, but has anyone seen the extended trailer yet?

The acting is a bit off (it's the CW after all), but it has tons of potential. I get a Spider-Man vibe from this. A contrast to Arrow's greenish, moody atmosphere.

Anyone noticed the similarities between this and the original Flash TV series? New show has STAR Labs scientists knowing Barry's secret identity, just like in the original show. And the pilot has Barry testing his speed, just like the original show's pilot.