The Norm Breyfogle Appreciation Thread

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 1 Jan 2015, 03:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Tue, 26 Apr  2016, 06:50
I've always liked Norm's work on Batman.  The first issue I ever read by Norm was this beauty here... ahh, memories.

Oh wow, I actually remember where I picked this copy up as a kid. It was an old drug store in my home town. lol

I remember picking it up too. That was a really inspired time for the Batman titles and that particular issue kicked off a whole new era for the books. It was itself the culmination of a really awesome run of monthly Batman in particular with the Batman #455 up to that point being awesome stories. Tons of fun!

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Unfortunate news. RIP.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Yeah, I heard about this a few days ago. Very sad.

He was always one of my favorites, as I was a 90s kid. I always tell people he has my favorite Batmobile design in the comics. His Batmobile always stood out to me.

Norm always gave his artwork a high degree of personality. It had such expressionism and dynamism that lent itself perfectly to the comic medium. He gave the panels all of his creative juice. Simply put, he made comics a joy to read.

Rest In Peace, Norm.

:(  I'm saddened to hear of his passing.  As I understand it, Norm was having a rough couple of years after he had his stroke.  I have very fond memories of his Batman run from the early 90s (when I started reading the comics).  Well, godspeed Norm, thank you for brightening up the world with your talent!