Happy 75th Anniversary to Batman!

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 30 Mar 2014, 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic
It was 75 years ago today – 30th March 1939 – that Batman made his first appearance in 'The Case of the Chemical Syndicate' (Detective Comics #27).

There was no Gotham City in that first story. Nor was there a Wayne Manor, Batcave, Batmobile, Robin, Alfred, or any of the classic rogues. There was just Bruce Wayne/Batman and Commissioner Gordon. But that humble six-page story is where it all began.

Here's to another 75 years!

Happy Birthday Batman!!!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I think all of us here are young enough to make it to the 100th. Imagine how THAT will feel?
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I have always liked the first issue cover for Batman. Very striking with the yellow background. The first issue of Spider-Man is also a great cover, which seems to take inspiration from Batman. Both swinging away with a criminal under their arm. Better than, I don't know, smashing a car against some rocks.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sun, 30 Mar  2014, 17:55
I think all of us here are young enough to make it to the 100th. Imagine how THAT will feel?

LOl I'll be 55, perhaps still reading comics.

I'll be 53... if I'm still alive.

Bumping this one up for random Batman material just like over in the Superman 80th Anniversary thread.

Dick Sprang's Batman

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Being that I consider this thread for various material relating to Batman that doesn't necessarily require different threads, I'm just going to post this here.

FLASHBACK 1998! Wizard Magazine on where Tim Drake's Robin stood at the time.

Better days for sure.