Justice League Part 1 starts filming in less than two months

Started by Grissom, Mon, 22 Feb 2016, 17:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 12 May  2016, 00:56
Makes sense. I could see them defeating this guy, only for Darkseid himself to appear in JL2.

He should appear (accompanyed by his Omega beams) at the very end of Part 1. Maybe after reducing a key player to apparent soot like Dan Turpin in STAS.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 12 May  2016, 03:11
He should appear (accompanyed by his Omega beams) at the very end of Part 1. Maybe after reducing a key player to apparent soot like Dan Turpin in STAS.
Yep. Keep the momentum going.

And based on what we've heard about JL - Batman seeking out Aquaman and others, this panel from Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman: Trinity gives you an idea how it could look.

I have to admit Batsy going "YAAA!" and Aquaman's "I haven't pòoped in a week" tough face made me giggle a little.

Jason Momoa's tough face suddenly appearing like that would be pretty badass though.

I'm afraid this would only give some people the excuse to over-exaggerate and criticise the movie because the heroes didn't get to save him.

This is the thing that's becoming frustrating to me about BvS. I thought the movie definitely had its flaws and I don't think it's perfect by any means, but reading some of the complaints against the movie is getting overblown. You'd have to be extremely bloody stupid to believe Martha Kent was suggesting to Clark the human race can get f***ed, instead of comprehending that she was suggesting to do the right thing without feeling burdened by guilt. But sadly, this misunderstanding is becoming quite common. How dumb can one possibly get? The movie is not complicated to understand.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 12 May  2016, 11:23

I'm afraid this would only give some people the excuse to over-exaggerate and criticise the movie because the heroes didn't get to save him.

Ignorant f***sticks are going to have that complaint regardless, same as the fools who bitch about Batman not saving the Ice Princess or Clark not saving Jonathan. Pick up a comic, morons (them, not you TLF), not everyone gets saved. If that happened there would be no peril whatsoever and these stories would be so boring.

It doesn't matter what movie we get, people have already convinced themselves it's gonna suck (either cause of the properties, the director, or any other number of stupid preconceptions) so you can't worry about what they complain about because they would have no matter what.

You're right, but it's incredibly annoying.

Another idiotic complaint I saw from that awful Superhero Hype forum (I really should stop lurking there, the majority of posters on that site are Rotten Tomatoes fans and like to perve on celebrity pics) was it's apparently "bad writing and bad editing" that the ending cuts to Lex locked up in prison, without seeing him getting arrested after Superman died to stop Doomsday. According to this "expert", Lex could've been arrested for anything other than setting Doomsday loose on the world. But more so, he argues that it's bad directing that we didn't see Lex's reaction upon getting caught for his crimes.

I'm not kidding, that's what this schmuck said. Well in that case, he might as well condemn TDK for not showing Joker's reaction to Batman framing himself for Two-Face's murders. Actually, the criticism against that ending is legitimate because we're left asking questions about what happened to him. After all, no way would the Joker sit by and let Batman ruin his plan to devastate Gotham by covering up Two-Face's crimes. But no no no, you can't dare criticise that movie because "Chris Nolan is a genius, and RT gave it a 94%, the critics say so".

God I can't stand these people.

P.S. I'm expressing my distaste towards people who have double standards and over-exaggerate their dislike for BvS. Not everyone else who simply didn't like the movie.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Firstly, what's wrong with Rotten Tomatoes?

Secondly, I visit SuperheroHype a lot.  It's a great source for comic-book movie and TV show news.  I have never encountered anyone who 'likes to perv over celebrity pics', whatever that means.

Thirdly, there is a pervading nastiness starting to emerge on this site, with various posters using profane and rude language to express their distaste towards anyone who expresses a different opinion to them.  Why can't we all accept that people have different views and tastes without getting hostile?

If this nastiness and abuse continues I hope Ral is reading, and cracks down on it.  >:(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 12 May  2016, 13:51
You're right, but it's incredibly annoying.

Another idiotic complaint I saw from that awful Superhero Hype forum (I really should stop lurking there, the majority of posters on that site are Rotten Tomatoes fans and like to perve on celebrity pics) was it's apparently "bad writing and bad editing" that the ending cuts to Lex locked up in prison, without seeing him getting arrested after Superman died to stop Doomsday. According to this "expert", Lex could've been arrested for anything other than setting Doomsday loose on the world. But more so, he argues that it's bad directing that we didn't see Lex's reaction upon getting caught for his crimes.

I'm not kidding, that's what this schmuck said. Well in that case, he might as well condemn TDK for not showing Joker's reaction to Batman framing himself for Two-Face's murders. Actually, the criticism against that ending is legitimate because we're left asking questions about what happened to him. After all, no way would the Joker sit by and let Batman ruin his plan to devastate Gotham by covering up Two-Face's crimes. But no no no, you can't dare criticise that movie because "Chris Nolan is a genius, and RT gave it a 94%, the critics say so".

God I can't stand these people.

P.S. I'm expressing my distaste towards people who have double standards and over-exaggerate their dislike for BvS. Not everyone else who simply didn't like the movie.

Idiots like that suck the life and fun out of enjoying this stuff. I second your comment that you shouldn't bother with it at all if it is that widespread. Ignoring one or two morons among an intelligent, fun conversation is easy but if moronic is all you get, yea. Lose that sh*t, bro.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 12 May  2016, 15:18Idiots like that suck the life and fun out of enjoying this stuff. I second your comment that you shouldn't bother with it at all if it is that widespread. Ignoring one or two morons among an intelligent, fun conversation is easy but if moronic is all you get, yea. Lose that sh*t, bro.
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 12 May  2016, 11:23I'm afraid this would only give some people the excuse to over-exaggerate and criticise the movie because the heroes didn't get to save him.

This is the thing that's becoming frustrating to me about BvS. I thought the movie definitely had its flaws and I don't think it's perfect by any means, but reading some of the complaints against the movie is getting overblown. You'd have to be extremely bloody stupid to believe Martha Kent was suggesting to Clark the human race can get f***ed, instead of comprehending that she was suggesting to do the right thing without feeling burdened by guilt. But sadly, this misunderstanding is becoming quite common. How dumb can one possibly get? The movie is not complicated to understand.
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 12 May  2016, 13:51You're right, but it's incredibly annoying.

I can say very much that while that's a lame criticism, there's a difference between seeing someone elses reaction to someone doing something and someone's reaction to something happening to them. The two situations aren't the same.
QuoteP.S. I'm expressing my distaste towards people who have double standards and over-exaggerate their dislike for BvS. Not everyone else who simply didn't like the movie.
You've done the same. None of this though, particularly the insults, is justified over a movie. Have a very great both of you!

God bless you both! God bless everyone!

Rumours abound that Colin Farrell's landed an unspecified role:
http://movieweb.com/justice-league-movie-cast-colin-farrell-michiel-huisman/

I wonder if Batfleck will throw him out of a church window.