Batman Zero Year

Started by BatmAngelus, Wed, 5 Jun 2013, 22:43

Previous topic - Next topic
The story from last year's Batman #0 gets an expansion in Batman: Zero Year

Preview here: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/gamereport/zero_week_exclusive_first_look_at_I6WkjdPCXmNuS2oTbw5wvN#axzz2VMCZNqkq

While I haven't read much of Snyder's work, he and I seem to have similar visions on how Bruce's early days would be like.  I loved some of his ideas in Batman #0 (i.e. showing Bruce going up against the Red Hood Gang way before the chemical plant confrontation) and I like taking the Begins idea of having Bruce declared dead and bringing it a step further by having Bruce take advantage of that.  Alfred's attitude is spot-on, too.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Well, I have been loving this series, and their interpretation of The Riddler.

Anyone else been reading it?

I just got back into reading comics again, after taking a 2-3 year break due to financial reasons. Needles to say, I'm back now, and have been catching up on all the back issues of Batman's run on the New 52. I just got done with Owls and DotF, and now I'm 2-3 issues into Zero Year. I loved the other runs, but Zero Year seems to be going by very slowly. Not sure what I think of it yet? I'll let you know once I'm done with it, but it's ok right now. I liked Owls and DotF more, so far.

Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 10 May  2014, 05:57
Zero Year seems to be going by very slowly. Not sure what I think of it yet? I'll let you know once I'm done with it, but it's ok right now. I liked Owls and DotF more, so far.
This recent comment by Snyder should give you hope:
QuoteI will absolutely say I believe it's one of our best issues on "Batman." I never say that when I don't mean it.... I've said it about maybe five issues since we started. I really believe that this and 33 are two of our best. Not that 32 is a stinker.... But this is one of those issues where everything comes together, and it has some of my favorite moments in the series.
More from him here: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/batman-zero-year-31-scott-snyder/#/0