Batman batsuit

Started by Batman88, Wed, 12 Sep 2012, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 12 Sep 2012, 11:58 Last Edit: Wed, 12 Sep 2012, 13:03 by Batman88
I really liked the Batsuit in Batman & Robin and thought it looked really cool. I thought Clooney looked great in it.

Anybody here like it as much as I do ?

I've also got a question for you guys: why was there no yellow in the Bat-logo on the suit ?

I've even bought this poster recently because I think the suit looks so cool (I also bought character posters of Keaton in Returns and Bale in Dark Knight) : http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/49/4916/7MW9G00Z/posters/batman-and-robin-george-clooney.jpg
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I'm rather fond of it myself. I chalk the MIA yellow oval up to wanting the suit to look different from the BF suit.

possibly Schumacher wanting to do something different with each film. It would have been interesting to see how the next film would have played out if it were green lighted; he wanted to make fear a central theme and the early design for the logo would have been a yellow one. I'm not sure how much the colour yellow would have played in but in DC comics the colour yellow is quite often associated with fear; likely coming from the green lantern/sinestro.

Quote from: riddler on Wed, 12 Sep  2012, 16:13
possibly Schumacher wanting to do something different with each film. It would have been interesting to see how the next film would have played out if it were green lighted; he wanted to make fear a central theme and the early design for the logo would have been a yellow one. I'm not sure how much the colour yellow would have played in but in DC comics the colour yellow is quite often associated with fear; likely coming from the green lantern/sinestro.

Do you gys like the Clooney/Batman poster I purchased ?
So, had pre-production work started already for the third Schumacher Batman film ?

Quote from: Batman88 on Wed, 12 Sep  2012, 17:39
Quote from: riddler on Wed, 12 Sep  2012, 16:13

Do you gys like the Clooney/Batman poster I purchased ?
So, had pre-production work started already for the third Schumacher Batman film ?

Depends what you mean by pre-production. It never got green lighted, but there were strong enough scripting and casting rumours including the likes of Jeff Goldblum, Madonna, Howard Stern, and Kurt Russell.

Ignore the bat nipples and cod pieces and George Clooney definitely has the look for the bat.

I can't remember but didn't a lot of the casting rumours come out before B&R was released?

What do people think of these suits?

I don't think they're bad. They remind me of medieval knights. Don't you guys think ?

Overall, though, I prefer Kilmer's sonar suit which he uses in the final act of Forever.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 14 Sep  2012, 09:45What do people think of these suits?

I don't like some of the styling of the Clooney suit. It looks okay in motion but I would've liked the bat symbol to be a roughly approximate size of the other suit he wore through most of the movie. I like the monochromatic color scheme and thinks it plays even better alongside the same types of suits for Robin and Batgirl.

The downside though is that the silver flares are a little obnoxious, esp on the biceps, forearms and thighs. I also seriously don't understand the texturing on the temples of Batman's cowl.

I suppose I can see the logic of the suit in the context of the movie and that comic panel - having more white to blend in with the frozen background. But that idea only goes so far. The suits are what they are and at least Schumacher had the confidence to go ahead with such an unashamed in your face look.