Hot Toys Forever and B&R figures ?

Started by Batman88, Thu, 6 Sep 2012, 15:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Guys, do you think that Hot Toys will eventually make figures from Batman Forever and Batman & Robin somewhere down the line ?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I'm a completist fan so I do think they have every right to be made. Especially The Riddler with some alternate costumes. Some wacky accessories there!

However I think the smart answer is "not bloody likely". They just wouldn't be as popular as Keaton and Bale and I think Hot toys would question whether they might want to splash the cash into putting the things into production if they won't sell. I have to say I'd rather snap up the Burton characters although I won't also buy the Nolan figures as I can't afford them. Plus they don't look anywhere near as cooler.

On second thought I think Batman Forever has an extremely good chance due to it's nostalgic popularity with some fans (myself too!) but Batman and Robin?.....er maybe not.

Anyway there is a very good reason why they should be made....ROBIN! That figure is worth it alone. In his green and red metallic suit. I don't really consider John Blake as Robin so if Hot toys go and make a figure of him it's a crime. Make the geniune article circa 1995 "Holy rusted metal Batman!!" LOL

Thanks for your kind answer. I do hope Hot Toys will at least produce Batman and Robin from Forever.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Question is, if they make them, should they keep the nipples for accuracy's sake, or improve the suits by ignoring them?

With Hot Toys picking up the Batman Returns license, I would find every reason to believe they will delve into each movie, if only on a limited basis. Hey if they can make a Superman III figure, there's no reason why they wouldn't make a Clooney Batman. Plus I think there are many more people who liked the look of Clooney as Batman than the movie itself. So I don't think you can gauge potential interest just on the movie.