Two Bat-books I'm about to receive !

Started by Batman88, Fri, 30 Sep 2011, 07:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Just wanted to let you guys know that I bought two Bat-books that got me interested and thought I should have: one's called "The Essential Batman Encyclopedia" by Robert Greenberger and the other one is "The Boy Who Loved Batman" by our beloved Michael Uslan.
What's your take on them ?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I myself am waiting on Michael Uslan's book to arrive.

Sat, 1 Oct 2011, 20:11 #2 Last Edit: Sat, 1 Oct 2011, 20:20 by BatmAngelus
I like both books.  The Greenberger book has lots of cool bits and information, though I believe I've caught a few mistakes here and there.

Been reading the Uslan book and it's definitely a fun and relatable memoir about a boy who loved comics.  Looking forward to reading his accounts on producing the Batman films.

One thing I just read in the Uslan book is that there's a small element of truth to Adam West being considered for the role of Thomas Wayne in 1989.  At a 1980 Comic Con, Uslan told people that they were thinking of giving the role of Wayne Snr. to West as a way to honor him and pass down the torch to the next Batman.  The media picked this up, of course, and asked West about it.  West, however, replied that he still wanted to be Batman!  WB didn't like the negative PR surrounding this and refused to give West any kind of role in the film.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I've pre-ordered the Arkham City hardcover comic collection, and the limited edition strategy guide. I'll play the game through myself, the guide is more about having official merchandise to remember the game by.

Yesterday I got the books and started reading Mr. Uslan's right away. I'm already halfway through it and I've gotta tell you it's a fun, moving and passione read. I love Mr. Uslan, he must be a terrific guy.

I just got done reading Mr. Uslan's book: it is terrific, moving and above all inspiring ! Check it out, guys !