Kevin Costner

Started by Batman88, Sat, 24 Sep 2011, 16:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 24 Sep 2011, 16:13 Last Edit: Sat, 24 Sep 2011, 17:12 by Batman88
I've been a fan of the man since my dad introduced me to his movies, bringing me to the cinema in late 1991 to see "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves". I was only 3 years old but I've been hooked on the movies ever since. In 2004, dad and I went to the movies and saw "Open Range" which was terrific (we both are Western fans) and he passed away only three months after that ... but that's another story.
Apart from being a movie star, there's so much more to the guy, first of all an honesty and an accessibility that really show how down-to-earth he is.

What do you think of him, guys ?

This interview aired yesterday and it's very much revealing of the man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06D8del3RU&feature=player_embedded

Take the time to watch it in its entirety, it's really worth it.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Mon, 26 Sep 2011, 17:33 #1 Last Edit: Mon, 26 Sep 2011, 18:21 by Gotham Knight
I love the guy.

Weird that there are quite a few people Seth Macfarlane (sigh), among them, who hate him.

Among my favorite Costner pictures:

JFK. Yeah, that's right. I have the balls to say it. His best

Dances with Wolves. An epic view of the western 1860s.

The Untouchables. Nuff said

Thirteen Days. I have a strange thing with this movie...it seems to never be NOT on television somewhere. My mother loves it to death. "John-Paul Jones!"

I don't think he's terribly versatile, but I don't hate him like some. I think The Untouchables was one of his better roles, but I did enjoy both Waterworld and the Postman for what they were.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I'm glad there's some appreciation for Mr. Costner around here. I think you ought to check "Mr. Brooks" out 'cause that movie really shows how versatile Costner can be.

I also think he definitely should have been nominated for an Academy Award for his role in "JFK". He was amazing in it.