Batman Live soundtrack coming this September plus exclusive samples

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 20 Jun 2012, 23:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Exclusive! Batman Live's soundtrack will be released on CD this September - and we have exclusive samples from the score!

http://www.batman-online.com/news/2012/6/20/batman-live-score-release-details-and-exclusive-samples

Unfortunately The samples won't play on my computer (my computer has a very eclectic personality). You saw the show didn't you ral? What was your take on the music?
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

The score is great. A little Goldenthal like (which Brett likened it too) but more serious...less quirky.

I've been listening to the tracks I've been given (obviously theyre longer than the samples i posted) a lot and really enjoy them. I'm really looking forward to the CD coming out.

Judging from the samples, it certainly is a solid swashbuckling heroic score, a bit like a pastiche of John Williams, but it doesn't have anything that "says" Batman the way Elfman's, or even Zimmer's, work do, it lacks that certain "dark" feeling. Of course it was composed for and it serves a live show, but IMO this style wouldn't work for a film.

It's September now and I haven't heard anything official about this release.  Has anyone heard more news about the release date, or seen the Batman Live score available?

I checked with those involved again recently and they still maintain a September release. These things get moved around alot, or so I've been told.

Would love to get a copy of this, especially the first instance of the Batman theme that plays when young Bruce makes his vow.  Again, as I said in the other thread, I got chills.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

The word is now that the score may not get a release...hence my critical Facebook post just now.

However the composer, James Brett, is redesigning his website and may put a lot of content from Batman Live on it.

http://www.jamesseymourbrett.com

This is very disappointing.   >:(  I guess I'll have to settle for the samples.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Even though I'm not the biggest fan, I would certainly add it to my collection. Agreed, it's very disappointing they don't release it.