Batman Live reviews

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 7 Oct 2011, 09:49

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw Batman Live last night. Loved it...even got a look backstage!

I will have a review up soon.

Thanks for the feedback  :-\

Sounds like a great show and an awesome experience, Paul!  Very curious to see this Joker actor onstage after what you said about him.  Also impressive to hear about actors taking double roles (Penguin AND Gordon?  Wow).

Looking forward to when it comes to the U.S.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Great review, ral. It sounds likes everyone there had a great time.

I wonder if they'll release a recording of the show on DVD. I'm sure it won't be as impressive as seeing it live, but I'd still buy it.

Just checking in this area.  I'm surprised there hasn't  been more coverage of this elsewhere.  I'm actually quite excited for the show.  Given the grounded and overtly serious nature of the recent films, I'd very much like to see a Batman that embraces the spectacle a bit--without sacrificing good storytelling.  It sounds like this gives us that.

Is it younger-children appropriate (not that I'm active about censoring content unless it's REAL questionable)?

I love Harley's costume in this... 8)

Gregg, I didn't take my 2 year old because I thought the noise and gloomy nature of the stage would frighten him.  I wish I had taken him now - I know he would have loved it!

I wish this would come to hot-lanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

Saw this tonight in Los Angeles and really enjoyed it.  I feel that they nailed the world and the characters.  The Batmobile was better than expected, with some great features to it that felt character-based and made me wonder why Bruce hasn't adopted them in the comics. 

There were some interesting changes here and there and even some stuff that would normally bother me (i.e. Penguin and Catwoman don't belong in Arkham, in my opinion), I excused since they had to be done to bring certain characters into the story and continue giving the experience of watching a comic book come to life.

Loved the descent into the Batcave (as did Kevin Smith, according to his Twitter) and I think they nailed the Batman and Robin dynamic in a way that wasn't cheesy nor did it try to discard and make fun of any comic history.  They played it straight with the mythology and kept it family friendly without dumbing it down or sacrificing the deeper elements.  That was refreshing to see.

Overall, a great experience for any Batman fan.  A far better viewing experience than The Dark Knight Rises.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...