89 nostalgia...your memories of the hype

Started by shadowbat69, Mon, 22 Oct 2007, 01:36

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteIn 1990, the local Fox affiliate was still airing the re-runs of the Adam West show, and that's how I got my start on Batman. I vividly remember the commercials for it, along with learning to look for "Batman" in the TV Guide. It was the first word I learned to read.
That's how I learned to read too!

Quote from: raleagh on Wed, 12 Nov  2008, 00:09
Here are a couple of photos of a school project I did about a year or more after Batman 89 came out.  You could say it's version 1 of this site. Everyone else was doing serious stuff, but i stuck to Batman  ;D

It was made up from info I got from newspapers, topps cards and a sticker album - that's all the stuff I had to go on.

Oh wow. Thats neat.

As I said in the AC commentary, I found the magazine cover of the first time I ever laid eyes on Michael Keaton as Batman - and conseqently realised there was a movie on the way!

Hey ral, make sure this stuff gets on the 20th anniversary site for Batman. Great memories there.

I really wish I had good memories of 1989... but unfortunately, I haven't even born... :P :-\
But great stuff guys! B89 really had an amazing hype!
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Yup it sure as hell lived up to that hype.

One of the things I remember is that I couldn't get enough of Batman pictures. We had some crappy "comics" magazines compared to what was being published in the US or the UK, with newspaper-quality images etc, but some of us just couldn't get enough  :P I was even allowed to hold some "adult" (Maxim-style) lifestyle mags because they run features of the film, one of them even published a whole version of the first ever Joker story (much later I found out it was from Batman#001), in A4 size and illustration paper.

I was 13 when I first saw Batman back in 89 at the cinema. I went with a friend and we were both hooked on it since (hence the reason I created my forum at batmanslair.proboards.com). I was blown away by the Batmobile and the Batwing. The Batwing remains my favourite Bat aircraft to this day!

I don't remember much hype, but I did grab my copy of the making of book, collectors postcards and posters pretty sharpish!  ;D

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

I was nine and the hype didn't really effect me. the only reason I was dying to see the movie was becaue it's BATMAN!

I actually enjoyed the hype for Batman Returns the best, I don't really know why, but I did. I was too nervous about whether Two-Face was going to be the main villain instead of the Riddler for Batman Forever to really enjoy that hype, and absolutely nothing about the hype surrounding Batman and Robin made me quiver with excitement.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Gotta bring this back up for the anniversary today. I really envy you guys for your experiences back in the summer of '89.   :(