Beware of Grey Ghost

Started by HarryCanyon, Wed, 16 Jan 2013, 20:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Another fan favorite episode and stars the 60's Batman himself as Batman's idol Grey Ghost and i love how this episode shows one of Bruce Wayne's inspirations to be Batman.

Me and my bigger brother love this episode as it's one of our faves.

Having Adam West voice the Grey Ghost was a treat, and the Bruce Timm influence in the appearance of the 'Mad Bomber' was great.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Yes i can see the Timm influence on Mad Bomber.

Did Grey Ghost reminded anyone of a combo of Darkwing Duck and The Shadow?

This was one of my favourite episodes. It was great to have West team up with Conroy and I liked the way they added a Batman shadow behind Trent in the final shot.

The plot is very similar to The Flash episode 'Ghost in the Machine' in which Barry Allen teams up with the ageing hero Nightshade. The Flash episode even contains a reference to a villain who used model airplanes to try and blow up buildings. It must have been an influence on the writers of B:TAS.

Oh yes that's a good episode of Flash and i'm sure they were influenced since it's a DC production too

Great writing, great acting (especially West; who knew he was capable of such dramatic nuances?), great animation, great music (thanks again LaLa Land!), great episode. This is definitely one that is high on my list.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

One of my favorite episodes for sure. When it comes to writing, animation, and even the amazing score, this episode doesn't disappoint.
Unlike most episodes where the villain creates the focus, the real interest in this episode was the protagonists (Batman and the Gray Ghost). Although the reveal of the villain is nonetheless surprising.

While Batman is the true form of Bruce Wayne, it's the opposite for Simon Trent, who is trying to distance himself as far as possible from his famous role. It's only through working with his one-time fan, Batman, that he appreciates his character again.

Obviously Adam West's voicework is one of the most notable points of the episode. It's homage to the 60s show is fairly straightforward, but his resemblance to the Shadow is even more genius; the fact that he was the real-life influence to the Batman character makes him come full circle.

Yes i like that the villain was different and mysterious yet turned out to be a surprise.

Aside from the clunky fight scene, I really appreciate the look and feel of this short film.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei