will The Amazing Spider-Man movies be forgotten in the future?

Started by mrrockey, Mon, 2 Mar 2015, 02:12

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't remember if this was ever discussed on this forum, but a year after TASM2 came out, it was revealed another version of Gwen Stacy's death was filmed. In this version, Green Goblin snapped her neck and Peter retaliates violently, but stops short of killing him.

The video below covers the description of the scene in full detail:

There are lot of deleted scenes for this movie, but this particular one was never released, apart from the photo stills. I hope it gets to see the light of day. I'm very curious to watch it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

My mind has been jumble with so many fandoms racing around competing for my brain time.

I'm here for this content from the first TASM movie. It has the heart and soul that all the best Spider-Man incarnations have. With the cranes, we perhaps get the best demonstration ever that each web shot has to be precise for Spider-Man to move about the city. Spider-Man himself is weakened but still has the pride and defiance to perform acrobatic stunts midair, during the best rendition of Horner's main hero theme (3.28 to 3.50). The silence of just the wind rush as he swings by is also fantastic (3.14)

Inspiring stuff all round. The community rises to the occasion and so does the hero.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  6 Jun  2020, 05:16
My mind has been jumble with so many fandoms racing around competing for my brain time.

I'm here for this content from the first TASM movie. It has the heart and soul that all the best Spider-Man incarnations have. With the cranes, we perhaps get the best demonstration ever that each web shot has to be precise for Spider-Man to move about the city. Spider-Man himself is weakened but still has the pride and defiance to perform acrobatic stunts midair, during the best rendition of Horner's main hero theme (3.28 to 3.50). The silence of just the wind rush as he swings by is also fantastic (3.14)

Inspiring stuff all round. The community rises to the occasion and so does the hero.

Powerful scene. Spider-Man had become pretty embraced by the city in ASM2 and scenes like that believably show why that happened.

Plus, it's always moving when a hero struggles against his own limitations or an injury or something to save the day. Spider-Man often delivers on that. It's one of the character's best features, if you ask me.

Thu, 1 Oct 2020, 22:01 #53 Last Edit: Thu, 1 Oct 2020, 22:17 by Silver Nemesis
Apparently Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to reprise his role as Electro in the third Tom Holland Spider-Man film: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

It sounds like they're going the Multiverse/Spider-Verse route. There's been some online speculation about Tobey returning in Doctor Strange 2, but perhaps he'll show up here first? If I could nominate one Raimiverse villain to appear alongside him, it would have to be Molina as Doc Ock. I know he's dead, but then so is Electro.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu,  1 Oct  2020, 22:01
Apparently Jamie Foxx is in negotiations to reprise his role as Electro in the third Tom Holland Spider-Man film: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

It sounds like they're going the Multiverse/Spider-Verse route. There's been some online speculation about Tobey returning in Doctor Strange 2, but perhaps he'll show up here first? If I could nominate one Raimiverse villain to appear alongside him, it would have to be Molina as Doc Ock. I know he's dead, but then so is Electro.
Aside from the Waynes and Uncle Ben, it's hard to think of too many characters who ever stayed dead. Mortality is no object in comics so why should it be in movies?

When I first read this is was baffled. So out of left field. But if it means the best Spider-Man of all time, Tobey Maguire, gets to reprise his role, I'm for it. But I reiterate: all of this is so weird. Characters from films you thought were a distant memory are now front and centre again.

Maybe Michael Keaton's Batman can show up in this, too?

Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  1 Oct  2020, 23:24
Maybe Michael Keaton's Batman can show up in this, too?

Haha!

CW had their dry run, and now we have the DCEU and MCU going full blast with the multiverse concept.

I bet Gardner Fox would have got a kick out of this.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I've seen some people on the internet saying Electro's defeat in TASM2 might be a good way to retcon him as getting lost somewhere in the Marvel multiverse.

Jamie Foxx has now confirmed he will play the role again.

Tell Spidey let's run it back!... super excited to part of the new marvel Spider-Man new installment... can't wait for y'all to check the new one. And I won't be blue in this one!! But a thousand percent badass!!!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2556062/jamie-foxx-confirms-electro-return-for-spider-man-3-and-more
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 13 Aug  2017, 20:14
The soundtrack. TASM2 has the best spidey score outside of the Raimi trilogy.
It's so true. Hans doesn't get enough recognition for this score. 

Take this track from the complete recording sessions which I've been listening to recently:

As good as anything from the Man of Steel soundtrack, as far as I am concerned, and absolutely appropriate for Spider-Man. Of all the composers so far Hans nailed the youthful energy of the character, while still providing poignancy. The man can bring so much emotion with those piano notes of his.