1/6th scale BATMAN RETURNS BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE by Hot Toys officially revealed!

Started by Batman, Tue, 5 May 2015, 12:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  6 May  2015, 04:09
Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue,  5 May  2015, 23:31
Just 2 Batman's came into my local comic stores and I bought one very quickly in summer 2012. When the other eventually sold I have yet to see another come back into stock. Plenty of Christian Bale's left over though (so this is how I know the notion Keaton isn't a popular Batman anymore is utter nonsense).

To me it proves that the Mikey/Tim fans are real fans. The Baleman fans talk a good game and I know he has some real fans but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is most of them are conveniently MIA. If Ben does a good job the same ones will beating the same drum for him. I hate fair weather posers.

I do think the guys running the store weren't all that happy I was buying them lol They tend to swipe unsold stuff for themselves after a while. Yet I wouldn't be surprised if they go online and rant about Christian Bale being a lot better. I hear them moaning about a lot of franchises when I usually come in.

I was quite proud to also see the Nicholson and Heath Ledger figures side by side and of course....Nicholson sold first lol I mean what's going on here? It just doesn't make sense. It's "stuffy old, uncool, Jack" after all.

It could be a testament to how beloved Jack is just on an actor level. Ledger is talented but Jack's a movie icon, a legend. A figure like that quality of him as The Joker will always just look cooler in your display cabinet.

This Batman Returns line is really pissing me off now. 3 years we've been waiting and still counting.

I was wondering is it possible for Hot Toys to lose their granted license on the film if they don't deliver after a certain time? You see they lost the rights to produce a Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal figure that had previously been scheduled. Can it be they put out the new Michael Keaton Returns figure (scheduled to come into my local store on either 1st or 30th December next month) only to extend their licence or something?

It seems there are still no plans whatsoever to fulfill their promise to fans. Yet, once again, wave after wave of Marvel Iron Man and Captain Jack Sparrow's continue to be farted out at an alarming rate. It seems Hot Toys are endlessly booked up with licence's for new blockbusters and so the beloved "classics" have to pay the price.