The Wayne Tower Batsignals

Started by The Laughing Fish, Tue, 3 Nov 2015, 07:48

Previous topic - Next topic
As everybody knows, Wayne Manor has Batsignal mirrors stationed in front of the mansion, and as the police's Batsignal is lit up in the sky, they mechanically reflect the signal towards Bruce's study room.

It's a great and iconic visual shot of Bruce getting up from his chair...even if it's unrealistic because if it would only put Bruce's secret identity at great risk if any witnesses were passing by.

So how can we justify this scene into making sense? It sounds crazy but I'll make this wild claim and say that Bruce is so used to feeling isolated and cut out from the rest of the city, with having no other close allies or possible visitors so he could commit himself as Batman, that he sees the Batsignal mirrors as a necessity to receive the call. After all, he broke up with Vicki after the first film, and he has no other visitors other than Selina afterwards.

What do you think? Am I being an apologist for writing such an excuse, or not?  :D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think unrealistic is not a problem of this film, I mean it's a dark fantasy to begin with. And I agree with your explanation. Bruce only went out as Batman when troubles appeared.

Wayne Manor sits in the center of a several acre spread of privately-owned land which has been walled/fenced off to the outside world and passing traffic.

Boom, there's your explanation, chief.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  4 Nov  2015, 22:07
Wayne Manor sits in the center of a several acre spread of privately-owned land which has been walled/fenced off to the outside world and passing traffic.

Boom, there's your explanation, chief.

Colors, good thinking. You... are my number one guuuy.  8)  ;D

yes sir.... 8)
Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try! *Lemme try!* Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your... OW!!

Fri, 6 Nov 2015, 10:15 #5 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Nov 2015, 10:18 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  3 Nov  2015, 08:10
I think unrealistic is not a problem of this film, I mean it's a dark fantasy to begin with. And I agree with your explanation. Bruce only went out as Batman when troubles appeared.
Pretty much. And if we want 'realism', the spotlight probably looks just like....a spotlight during the day. Only when it's illuminated would it stick out like a sore thumb. But you'd still have to be around to see it.