Daredevil: Born Again (Disney+)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 24 Jul 2022, 11:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, I'm in the pessimistic camp. From what we say in She Hulk, I think it's apparent what direction they're going.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jon Bernthal's returning as the Punisher: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-born-again-casts-jon-bernthal-punisher-1235342229/

The article also speculates that Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll are not expected to return. :(

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue,  7 Mar  2023, 20:24Jon Bernthal's returning as the Punisher
The incomprehensibility of this series continues.

If I don't trust Marvel Studios with Daredevil anymore (and I don't), I certainly don't trust them with the Punisher. If everything Marvel does these days has to be a gd Care Bears cartoon, then I don't see why they would try anything with the Punisher.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  7 Mar  2023, 23:13
The incomprehensibility of this series continues.

If I don't trust Marvel Studios with Daredevil anymore (and I don't), I certainly don't trust them with the Punisher. If everything Marvel does these days has to be a gd Care Bears cartoon, then I don't see why they would try anything with the Punisher.

Disappointing to hear that Henson and Woll haven't been asked to come back, and Foggy and Karen might not even be in this show. These are good supporting characters and were important in keeping Matt's morality and emotional state of mind intact. But if Daredevil's scenes in She-Hulk are anything to go by, then perhaps it's worth sparing them. They'd likely be turned into quippy, vapid characters anyway.

As for Bernthal and Punisher? The worst-kept secret is finally out. But I do think the Netflix show is going to look gold in comparison to whatever plans they have for him in the future.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Mark Millar speaks the truth.

If they're planning to bring Elden and Deborah back at a later time, that's one thing. If they're ditching them altogether and recasting their roles, then that's just senseless. Fingers crossed this rumour isn't true. But after how Disney and Marvel treated Daredevil in She-Hulk, nothing would shock me.

It seems likely that Henson and Woll were both willing to reprise their roles.

It seems unlikely that the Foggy and Karen characters will be written out of a Daredevil story altogether.

So, my guess is Woke Recasting in 5, 4, 3, 2...

That would be very weird if they did that. I would imagine that their characters just wont be in the show, but then again, it's Disney. Who knows?

I hope they don't recast them.

Ayelet Zurer will not return as Vanessa Fisk, Sandrine Holt will replace her. I only knew of Holt thanks to the last season of Better Call Saul.

James Gandlofini's son Michael is expected to appear in this show. The episode will be directed by Michael Cuesta, of Dexter fame.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-born-again-lands-director-1235346034/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 11 Mar  2023, 01:07Ayelet Zurer will not return as Vanessa Fisk, Sandrine Holt will replace her. I only knew of Holt thanks to the last season of Better Call Saul.
Let's be realistic, her TV resumé is a hell of a lot more impressive than her movie resumé. If I had to guess, I'd say that Holt probably cost less to hire than Zurer.

As to DBA, am I the only one who's a little surprised it'll be 18 episodes? 8, 10 or 12 would've made sense. But 18? In today's world that seems... unusual. The optimist in me wants to believe that Marvel understands how important this storyline is and they're pulling no punches with fidelity to the source material. But, again, let's be realistic. Does that sound like Marvel in recent times?