Michael Giacchino The Batman

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Fri, 14 Feb 2020, 21:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Did anyone else notice that the music featured in The Batman costume test footage was only one note shy of the Darth Vader Motif?

Listen to how close the theme was to Vader.

Michael Giacchino has posted a snippet of the score being recorded for Batman Day:

https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/1439363123324985347

As Elliot Goldenthal said, it's important to have something simple and hummable if you're looking to be memorable. I say this theme fits that standard, and it can also be easily played in lower settings. I don't think Giacchino's work on Spider-Man hits the heights of Elfman or Zimmer, but he nailed the Swinging Set theme, and ambient material like Academic Decommitment. He has it in him.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 18 Sep  2021, 23:41
Michael Giacchino has posted a snippet of the score being recorded for Batman Day:

https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/1439363123324985347

As Elliot Goldenthal said, it's important to have something simple and hummable if you're looking to be memorable. I say this theme fits that standard, and it can also be easily played in lower settings. I don't think Giacchino's work on Spider-Man hits the heights of Elfman or Zimmer, but he nailed the Swinging Set theme, and ambient material like Academic Decommitment. He has it in him.
I assume that's the new hero theme for Batman. If so, I approve. It's melodic, yet menacing. It's what Batman needs to be.

I reiterate that every new bit of business that comes down the pipeline for this movie rly does indicate this movie has got the goods.

Giving this soundtrack another spin after some time, and I'm inclined to say Funeral and Far Between is the best musical cue from the films since Elfman. It really cuts deep into who Bruce/Batman is and what his existence must feel like. I really love it, and the variation during All's Well That Ends Farewell. The whole score has aged very well, in fact. One of my favorites. It creates a seedy, dark vibe just as effectively as B89.

I've never listened to the full OTS. I just added it to my playlist, though. I'll have to give it a spin sometime this week.

I also need to do another rewatch of this movie. It's been about 4-6 months since I've seen it.