Colin Farrell is Penguin

Started by Travesty, Sat, 9 Nov 2019, 16:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's the first teaser trailer. It looks great!  8)

The character is getting fleshed out in a way a movie could never do and everything looks great. It's also good attention to detail that the show looks like it'll have the same basic atmosphere as the movie.

My only quibble is the "kingpin" bit. I get it, that's a generic term. But c'mon, "Kingpin" refers to one comic book character. And he's not from the DC universe. Something tells me there was a lot of debate about that behind the scenes too.

We're on a winner here. It looks and feels just like The Sopranos, and like Phoenix, Farrell has the opportunity to expand upon his character in a way others haven't. Apart from those two we've only had Scarecrow from the Nolan films reappear, and those were cameos at best. This gets me excited about the Reevesverse again. I'm expecting a similar consistency across all their products.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 12 Apr  2023, 20:25
My only quibble is the "kingpin" bit. I get it, that's a generic term. But c'mon, "Kingpin" refers to one comic book character. And he's not from the DC universe. Something tells me there was a lot of debate about that behind the scenes too.

Check out the white suit he's wearing in these latest pics.

I love the white suit. I think he looks great in it.

Man, I'm excited to see the first real trailer.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 21 Apr  2023, 15:33
I love the white suit. I think he looks great in it.

Man, I'm excited to see the first real trailer.
It feels like the torch really has been passed from Danny to Colin now, and he has ownership over the role. He was good in the movie but the larger focus a television show provides pushes things further across the line. The Penguin as a character should be a big mover and shaker in the underworld. In recent times it feels like that role had been taken by the likes of Black Mask.