Paul Dano is The Riddler

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 17 Oct 2019, 18:19

Previous topic - Next topic
I would have to Google, I'm terrible with that kind of stuff, lol.

If it's not "He lies" then I don't know wtf

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 19:32
If it's not "He lies" then I don't know wtf

You've got the top row, colors! Now match the letters with the corresponding symbols and you should be able to translate the word on the bottom row. You've already got most of the symbols, and guessing the final one is easy.

I hope they release more of these riddles for the fans as part of the marketing campaign.

With a green jacket and duct tape bandaged over his face, is Reeves merging The Riddler with Hush?

What if this Riddler has a familial connection to Bruce, and that's why he has decided to hide himself? Reeves has hinted at how Bruce's family could have been connected to Gotham's corrupt past. I like the idea the tape only comes off near the end, when he reveals himself to Batman. The latest Hush animated adaption had Hush revealed as the Riddler. I think this is all a serious possibility.

"You're part of this, too. You'll see."

Spoiler for the riddle: "He Lies Still"
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Early look at promo material for the movie featuring the Riddler:

Hard to get a true sense of what he looks like, but it seems he's wearing a hood and glasses of some kind. The vibe it gives off indicates something darker and creepier than what we're accustomed to, which was expected and I'm happy about that. I'm hoping we do get to see Dano's face at some point for a reasonable duration, rather than always cloaked in shadow or bandaged up.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 16 Jan  2021, 02:44
Early look at promo material for the movie featuring the Riddler:

Hard to get a true sense of what he looks like, but it seems he's wearing a hood and glasses of some kind. The vibe it gives off indicates something darker and creepier than what we're accustomed to, which was expected and I'm happy about that. I'm hoping we do get to see Dano's face at some point for a reasonable duration, rather than always cloaked in shadow or bandaged up.
It's so weird to see promotional material for a film that doesn't come out for another year.

edit:

Whoops, wrong thread.

He may have other outfits as the film progresses. But this seems to be a somewhat accurate representation of the Reeveverse Riddler, as seen in the trailer, by William Gray.

Getting to see his face when he's alone in his lair would work well. With the mask going on only when he's on the job at the crimes scenes or on TV. It could show him getting into character as much as Batman or any of the other vigilantes. I want razor sharp vindictiveness with the Riddler, the focus of a loner good at crossword puzzles on a mission. If they channel him in a manner different to the Joker it will be a success, and allow his stature to rise. Going the Zodiac/Jigsaw route is the answer.

Tue, 2 Feb 2021, 18:10 #19 Last Edit: Tue, 2 Feb 2021, 20:50 by Silver Nemesis
I re-watched Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995) a couple of weeks ago, and for me that's the ultimate Riddler movie. A Batman film like that, set within a single night where Batman has to race around Gotham following Nygma's trail of clues, would be amazing.