Gotham Knights

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 22 Aug 2020, 17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

It's not really what I wanted, but I'll still play it.

I'm guessing Bruce didn't really die, and he's laying low trying to snuff out the Owls?

Or maybe he really is dead....not sure? lol

Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 19:24
It's not really what I wanted, but I'll still play it.

I'm guessing Bruce didn't really die, and he's laying low trying to snuff out the Owls?

Or maybe he really is dead....not sure? lol
As I posted initially in the Fandome thread, I'm underwhelmed. All those delays and teases for this? Oh well.

I'm still wary but I'm slowly starting to warm to the intent.

It is doing some of the things players wanted.

More focus on the sidekicks.
Vehicles without the tedious tank battle component.
A more populated world in comparison to the empty Arkham maps.
The story taking place over several nights.

I was happy to have the family with a larger role, but Batman's complete absence rubbed me the wrong way. But I'm not completely convinced Batman is dead as WBGM claims. I wouldn't be surprised if Batman is trapped inside the Court of Owls labyrinth and is rescued by the Bat family near the end.

It's a matter of mentally adjusting to what this game actually is.

I still think the presentation looks inferior, but I can't see this being Superman 64. I'm giving it a chance.

Wow, I just did a 180 on this. I wasn't really that excited for it, but after FanDome, I'll be playing this on day one. And now we know it's an RPG, so that has me even more excited. The new clip looks great. The Owls look legit scary. I love it.

I've come around to it as well, but no gameplay is shown in that trailer. It's all cinematic. I do like the way the Owls are depicted though. Getting that level of mysterious dread in a movie would be incredible.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 16 Oct  2021, 20:44
I've come around to it as well, but no gameplay is shown in that trailer. It's all cinematic. I do like the way the Owls are depicted though. Getting that level of mysterious dread in a movie would be incredible.
That's true, but we saw a lot of gameplay last time.

I was very happy to hear that it's an RPG. It'll be fun doing playthroughs as different characters each time.

Graphically it looks improved from the early build and I think the story has a lot of potential. I'm not sold on Red Hood's traversal method, though. It's completely foreign to the character and something else should have been used. I can understand why they're doing it in the context of a game, but firing non lethal rounds is also underwhelming. All in all, I'm still feeling better about the game overall.