Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Started by Paul (ral), Sat, 20 Jun 2009, 01:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ral on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 11:01
it's an awful film - the worst i have seen in 10 years.

i am a transformers fan - i was about 6 or 7 when they first came out.

i excused the first film because i allowed it to introduce the transformers to a wider audience. i cannot excuse this mess of a movie - it is a disgrace. michael bay should never be allowed near the franchise again and hasbro should take stock of this mess!
Just what I thought. Bay is an absolute joke.

Is this movie out already???? :o

I actually liked the 1st one when it first came out and watched in theaters about 3 times. But I'll be very honest, I hated the robot designs and how blurry all the action sequences were. Then.... about a month later, I realize I was a victim of hype (just like i was for Star Wars Episode one...)and really did NOT like the film, but rather was forcing myself to see past all the obvious B.S. qualities of it and absorb as much nostalgia qualities as possible..
There were hardly any.. :<

Still... it didn't stop me from buying the movie toys.  :-[
(i still have all my original 1980s toys in crisp condition!)

I'm certainly and obviously not interested in Bays Trasnformers anymore. I didnt even know part 2 was out already. I'm too busy thinking about BATMAN 89's 20th anniversary BABY!!!  ;D ;D ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Quote from: Batnar on Sat, 20 Jun  2009, 18:47
Then.... about a month later, I realize I was a victim of hype (just like i was for Star Wars Episode one...)and really did NOT like the film, but rather was forcing myself to see past all the obvious B.S. qualities of it and absorb as much nostalgia qualities as possible..
I know exactly how you feel.

I desperately wanted to like The fourth Indiana Jones film to keep the pride of the series intact, but the film just sucked. It's just a matter of simply swallowing your pride and facing facts.

Yeah, I wanted to like Indy 4, but it felt like a really tired movie. It's a pity Indy's best sequel was an early 90s adventure game for computers that very few remember today, "Fate of Atlantis". This, with a younger Harrison Ford, would make for a much better movie.

As for Transformers 2, I didn't even knew it was out  ;)

Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 08:22 #14 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 08:46 by Batnar
I just got back from seeing Transformers today.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

HORRRIBLE.

And I'm being very very real about this. It was horrible. I want to say its a kids movie at best which would then make it a good film, BUT, the fact that its chalked full of sex and drug innuendos (one of the robots says "pussy"), denies it that right. But the film is so stupid and I mean it literally assumes the audience are too retarded to notice the highly illogical within the "normal" segments of the movie ie. not the robots.

The addition of the two stereotyped ghetto robots (one having a gold tooth??? are you effin kidding me?) is reminiscent to George Lucas's Jar Jar Binks. Obnoxious and unnecessary.

This movie had no plot line. It was really obscured and filled with stupendous explosions. The problem is you had no idea why something was exploding. It just WAS. lol...

I have to say, the first one was more down to earth.
This new installment was lazy, rushed, filled with more holes than swiss cheese and the robots STILL look messy and confusing. They added a few new robots but you would not believe this.... they actually left them unnamed and for some reason, some of them never made it all the way through the film. Like they just got forgotten or something...

There's an incredible amount of comedic inserts in this film, it just... UUGHH!!  Like if you got a brain that works and a good nose for smelling bs, you can totally tell Michael Bay had no idea how to fill in time so he opted to add completely out of context, comedy which did make everyone in the theaters laugh roaring.

I felt like i was sitting in a theater full of cave men and women. Easily impressed. Boom!! "AAHHH OOOhhh"  A bad joke here and there and you got forced out laughter: "AHAHAHAHA!!!"

lol...well I literally walked out a couple of minutes before the conclusion of the film.
The kids who saw it seemed to have loved it so that's great. I'm just not crazy about the sexual and drug innuendos this film had to safely say its ok to take your kids to watch this film.

And another thing that was obvious, TOO obvious, was how Michael Bay exploited the leading female star as a sex object and nothing more.
She was all looks. Literally.
Her make up was always perfect while everyone else were all bloodied up and dirty. She remained heavenly. lol...

It's not a good movie. Not by a long shot. That's the bottom line.  And I have lowered my standard really low to try and enjoy it.
But no go.

However, people liked it so mission accomplished Michael Bay! Its all about making money. Not passion or story or any of the real deal stuff.   >:(
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 08:36 #15 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 08:39 by The Dark Knight
I know I said I wouldn't see it, but I had NOTHING to do today, so I dragged my corpse to the cinemas. I have the displeasure to say I saw this godawful 'film'.

There's not much to say, other than it's terrible. Poor acting, poor directing, rather poor special effects (which I was honestly surprised about), a paper-thin story that made little to no sense, and absolutely no fun whatsoever.

As the years go by, it's appearing as though The Rock was a fluke, as I'm still waiting on a decent follow-up to that film from director Michael Bay. Where The Rock succeeded on just about every level, Transformers 2 manages to fail on every single one of those levels. Writing, acting, directing, and special effects were all major strengths of The Rock, and all are weaknesses in Transformers 2.

As I said, the acting in this film is awful.

One other thing that I noticed in this film is Michael Bay's fixation on the rotating camera shot. There wasn't ten minutes of this film that went by without a rapid rotating camera shot, and got to the point that it was distracting, and I could find myself passing the time while watching this film actually counting down the time until the next rotating camera shot was shown.

Overall, a bad movie, and one that I give zero stars.

I adored the opening paragraph of Roger Ebert's Transformers 2 review:

Quote?Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.?

Spot on.

Great reviews guys - spot on.

Like I said before - it is completely inappropiate for it's supposed (ie kids) target audience - and too stupid for it's actual audience.

I sat with a look of horror (literally). Horror at the movie, horror at the laughs it was getting and horror at the good reviews others i know gave it.

Batnar, you are right about Megan Fox - she sat with her mouth in an open pout for most of the film (and even that seemed really forced).

Looking at the top 3 actors in the cast credits on imdb should tell everyone all the need to know about the movie

Megan Fox ...  Mikaela Banes
Shia LaBeouf ...  Sam Witwicky
Isabel Lucas ...  Alice

You know what really annoyed me though - the Professor (played by Rainn Wilson) refered to Virgo (the virgin) and Orion as stars!  ::) dumb dumb dumb

Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 13:53 #17 Last Edit: Thu, 25 Jun 2009, 20:00 by Tarzan1941
I have not and will not see Transformers 2.

Michael Bay's Transformers is THE worst film I have ever seen in my life.  Yes, I even have higher regard for Batman and Robin than this, piece of garbage.  From what I have read it sounds like you all have hit the major points as to why I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate this movie.  But let's not forget Steven Spielberg's pitch to Michael Bay, "It's about a boy getting his first car."

Ugh, Steven.  Just UGH!!!!

The thing is Steven, it's not about a dumb kid getting his first car to score with the hot chick.  The story of Transformers is about a race of highly intelligent, gigantic transforming robots that are in search of energy to survive and so that the either side may win the on-going war that they have been involved in for the last several years.  That's your story right there.  Plain and simple.  Not about some whiny ass humans with the 'robots in disguise" as background fodder.  The cartoon was based around the Transformers, not the humans.  Could you imagine if I had to sit through 15 minutes of a 22 minute cartoon of Spike and Sparkplug before I even got to see Prime, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Iron Hide and the rest of the Autobots?  Which is precisely what they did with Megatron.  See, I am still baffled at how the makers of this tragic attempt to cash in on my youth, can relegate Megatron to the last 20 minutes of a two hour plus film before we do get to see him.  And once we do, we learn that the whole plot point has been ripped off from Independence Day and a episode of the old cartoon.  Not creative folks, not creative one damn bit!

sh*t for brains Bay felt the cartoon didn't hold up, so he ordered the production team to "update" the look of the Autobots and the Decepticons.  Good God, why?!  He was in his late teens when the cartoon rolled around so why would he have an inclination of what the Transformers looked like, and felt like in the 1984?!  He wouldn't.  His only experience with Transformers before the movie, probably went a little something like this.

SCENE: INT. TARGET. 1984.  Michael, a 19 year old, white male stands with Jimmy, his nephew of 8 years in the toy aisle.  They are looking for Optimus Prime, fearless leader of the Autobots.

JIMMY: Why don't they have Optimous Prime?!  WHY?!!!

(Jimmy is throwing a fit like a three year old.  Tears are rolling down his cheeks.  His face red like a fire truck,)

MICHAEL BAY:  OK, so they don't have it.  What about this one.  This one looks kind of neat.  See, he's a truck and.....

(Jimmy takes the box from Michael's hands and throws it onto the ground.)

JIMMY: NO!!! That's Trailbreaker!!!  I WANT OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!

MICHAEL: Christ, will you just pick one so when can get out of here please?!  Star Search is coming on in 20 minutes.

JIMMY: I WANT OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!  Everyone else has one, why can't I have one?!  I just have to have him!

(Feeling defeated, Michael kneels down in front of the toys to see if he can hurry this along.  He looks confused.)

MICHAEL:  OK, Jimmy.  Which one is Optimal Prince again?

END SCENE.

And the thing is, you know somewhere in an interview, he more than likely said, "Oh yeah, I remember taking my 8 year old nephew to the store to buy Prime."  

I already knew Michael Bay was a hack and the epitome of the whole Hollywood with no brains scene.  But the biggest disappointment for me is how in the hell could Steven Spielberg put his name on this?  How?!  This is the man responsible for Raiders, E.T. and Jurassic Park.  Sadly though he's also responsible for The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull business.  But with all of that said, how can one of the greatest minds that stepped behind a camera, get so far off base here and end up producing what boils down to the raping of my youth, the brainwashing of the current youth and destruction of what is one of the greatest things to ever be introduced in the category of play things and toys?  There is just no logic behind it.

Shame on you Steven, shame on you!!!

I am glad I still have my memories of Cliff Jumper, Soundwave, Starscream, Hound, Jazz and everyone from Generation 1 Transformers.  Because, if they keep going the way they are, that will be the safest place for them.  Locked up in my memories, persevered looking and acting like how Transformers should be.  Not the way Michael Bay tells me how they SHOULD be!

To end this little rant, let me share with you all a bit of fantasy.  My dream is, if Transformers were indeed real, living among us,  I would love to see Megatron hold Michael Bay up by the collar of his shirt between his thumb and forefinger and laugh at him, calling him a puny human until most of his energon was used up.  And then because he was bored with him, Megatron would then toss him up against the wall, where a starving Ravage and an even more ticked off Laser Beak fight over the scraps of what was once known as Michael Bay.  The worst film maker in the world.

Batmobiles, roll out!!!

So, it's THAT bad... I don't want to add-up to the movie's box office, so I won't go, movies like this is one of the reasons that Swedish site exists!