New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

This is a great-looking Batman and the trailers, bar the voice, made me excited, and as much as I have  my doubts about the villains, I won't go in biased.

Affleck, Cavill and Gadot under Snyder will give us the foundation for the Justice League we want to see on film, I'm sure.

And the Suicide Squad is looking great as well.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 09:32
I seriously think Affleck, coupled with the gorgeous suit and directorial flair of Snyder, is going to have him neck and neck with Keaton. This is the Batman I've waited so long for.

At the very least, he'll definitely be great as Bruce Wayne from what I've seen.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Yep. I buy him as a billionaire playboy, and as a man with a muscular body to fight crime. He's going to nail it.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 09:42
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 09:32
I seriously think Affleck, coupled with the gorgeous suit and directorial flair of Snyder, is going to have him neck and neck with Keaton. This is the Batman I've waited so long for.

At the very least, he'll definitely be great as Bruce Wayne from what I've seen.

That's how he won me over. I was totally against the idea of him as Batman until I saw him as Bruce. Those first promo images of him (wait, were there promo images of him as Bruce released before the trailer? or was the trailer released first? lol) as Bruce turned the tide. I still think Ben Affleck is an idiot but he's a great actor and I'm with you and TDK, he's going to do so good unless the snippets we've seen in the trailers are his only good parts and he totally bombs the rest.

I never got all the ridicule for "Batfleck" but then again I never watched many of his work or read much about his personal life.

And yes, he really, really looks the part.

His private life doesn't bother me to be completely honest. My friends joke about it all with me, and I say "yeah, but what's that got to do with the role?"

The whole Batfleck thing has mystified me for a long time too. Affleck is a good actor. I can't help thinking there's a little bit of the Heckler factor going on here where people just talk smack for no good reason. If you guys have never seen Heckler, here's a little clip.

Thu, 21 Jan 2016, 17:47 #217 Last Edit: Thu, 21 Jan 2016, 17:51 by The Dark Knight
You know, take this any way you want but I'll just leave my opinion here. I like the fact an American actor is actually playing an American role. We've had Bale from UK origin playing Bruce Wayne. Andrew Garfield, another UK'er playing Peter Parker, and Asa Butterfield now playing Parker as well. Technically Clark Kent is Kryptonian, but of course he's an American institution. He's currently being played by Cavill the Englishman.

Actors are actors, but I like the real world connections Affleck has to the role. It's not essential to be of the same nationality of a fictional character but in my opinion it helps.

With Affleck, he seems to be a free spirit who also happens to be good at his craft and he knows it. He seems to have a real world confidence about him from what I've seen, or it could be read as not caring about public opinion all that much, which translates perfectly into the role. I'm Bruce Wayne and that's that.

Check out the scene where he verbally duels with Clark at the Lex party. That's the kind of demeanour I'm talking about. He says his piece to Clark, leaving nothing unsaid, stares him down and smugly smiles. Effectively saying "take it or leave it, boy. And if you are offended I'm walking away anyway, because you're not in my league."

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 21 Jan  2016, 16:31
His private life doesn't bother me to be completely honest. My friends joke about it all with me, and I say "yeah, but what's that got to do with the role?"

That's why I just say he's an idiot and then gladly give him my money for merchandise and movie tickets for this. lol.

I ran into quite a few Batfleck haters once he was formally announced. My response usually posed the question, "Well, have you seen any of his latest work? The Town? Argo? How about his performance in Hollywoodland?" and fortunately or unfortunately, that would kinda shut them down. Most people wanted to remain thinking of Affleck of what he was in the late 90's/early 2000's, and not what he eventually became. Which, at this stage in his career, is a very respectable actor, and for sure, as a director.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."