Surviving Batman Props

Started by Slash Man, Sun, 7 Dec 2014, 01:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Just as the title says, what props from the Batman films have survived, and where do they currently reside?

It's been mentioned before, but Planet Hollywood has a few key props at the New York City location

The Joker Statue:

As Mark's pictures showed, this prop was prominently featured in a deleted scene and later damaged on set. It was then fixed, painted, and displayed at the restaurant.

Batwing Model:

The miniature Batwing model was critical to the climax of the film. Currently displayed within the restaurant.

Some of Mark's Miscellaneous Finds:
Quote from: markrjones1970 on Wed, 17 Apr  2013, 18:43
I've just had a good nose in my attic and found these beauties:

These are notes that fell down from when the Joker had his parade. Note the 'Motion Picture Use Only' printed on them. The Vodka sign was pulled off a wall. The long thing was part of a decoration off the Flugelheim and the plaster bits are off the wall of Gotham City Hall.

Quote from: markrjones1970 on Fri, 21 Dec  2012, 20:45
I'm the geek in the cream coat btw!

I did get some stuff when I was there. I had wads of fake Gotham City banknotes but they'd been out in the open for so long and had gotten wet that they only lasted a few years before crumbling away.

In this pic at the top right you can see an EROS THEATER sign. I found this on the film set, but appear to have lost it over the years! :(

I pulled this off a shop door window and I still have it. This is a recent pic:

And look at this scene from the film, look at the 2 posters on the wall:

Well I have one of them as I pulled it off the wall when I was there. The green paint is still on the back of it :)

I might be mistaken, but I believe he sold most of these off.

Joker Costume:
This is a part of the Prop Store Collection:
http://www.propstore.com/cms/the-prop-store-collection/batman/joker-costume/

This one's interesting; in it's form here, it's never seen in the film. It's either a collection of different parts of costumes, or simply an unused idea. The shoes, gloves and shirt were used in most costumes (I believe multiples were made of those).

The suit was seen in Jack's second costume (worn to Axis Chemicals), as well as the scene where he meets with the gangsters. Notice the same shirt here as well.

The tie was seen in the scene where Joker visit's Vicki's apartment (same gloves as well).

A few from the later movies:

Batman's Sonar/Ice Cowl:

http://natedsanders.com/cowl-worn-onscreen-by-george-clooney-in-1997s-b-lot22145.aspx
The link confirms that this cowl was screen-used by Val Kilmer in Batman Forever before being repurposed for use in Batman & Robin. Auctioned off by Nate D. Sanders and sold to a private collector in 2013.

This isn't the only Sonar Suit, however. Another was painted black and used in Looney Tunes: Back in Action, later used for screen-tests for Batman Begins. I think this one's still in the possession of Warner Bros.

Robin Suit:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/chris-odonnell-on-why-his-robin-spin-off-never-happened-and-passing-on-men-in-black_article_69822
Chris O'Donnell confirmed that he still has (one of) the original Robin suits from Batman Forever. He's been keeping that safe in storage, so no pictures of it have been taken.

Clooney's Suit from Batman & Robin:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20399642_20719518_21363138,00.html#21363134
Complete Batsuit from Batman & Robin, auctioned off by Profiles in History in 2013. Status currently unknown.

Lots more to add, so little time

Love this! The Batwing doesn't look very miniature though if those are the tops of peoples heads in the bottom left corner lol. I so need to go see that. They might throw me out of the place for pointing at it with a finger gun and saying "Come on, you gruesome son of a bitch, come and get me!" but what the hell? YOLO.

Haha, that'd be priceless. I haven't seen it in person, and there aren't many pictures of it online, so I'm not sure how big it would be be. Though I think believe this is the one that flew through the miniature Gotham's streets. There was another model made specifically for the crash sequence (as well as full-sized for Batman's escape from the ruins and the cockpit shots).

Clooney Ice Cowl:

https://www.screenused.com/?sectionID=item-detail&subsectionID=index.cfm&item_id=2005
Here's another Ice Cowl variation. May have been made Batman Forever, but doesn't seem to be screen-used from then. Considerable less wear than the previous one. Sold via Screen Used.

The ice suits reminded me of the action figure lines where they have Batman in every color combination imaginable lol.

Did any of Michelle's costumes or props make it? I know if anyone should know this it's probably me but I don't. :/

Where the hell is the gadget that defeated the Joker, the BOLA GUN?!?

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  8 Dec  2014, 00:22
Did any of Michelle's costumes or props make it? I know if anyone should know this it's probably me but I don't. :/
Yeah, quite a bit has popped up over the years. There was a complete Catwoman costume on display at the MOMA/LACMA Burton art exhibit.