Batman 1989 Novelization Questions

Started by Tarzan1941, Wed, 25 Aug 2010, 05:48

Previous topic - Next topic
OK my European brothers and sisters and anyone else who is in the know,

I am wondering something.  Was the Batman 1989 novelization only available in the UK/Europe as a hardcover book, with the paperback being an import or was both versions readily available at the same time for you folks?

By my count there are three versions of this book:

(1) The standard mass market paperback.
(2) The hardcover version which from my understanding was only available in the UK/Europe, and maybe Canada.
(3) The book club edition, which seems to have been edited down.

Am I missing any other versions that you are known to exist?  Sure I would consider any versions in other languages other than English another version.

If anyone can help me out on those two questions, it would be a big help!

Thanks!

I don't know about the rest, but this is the Greek language version, only in paperpack. I still like what they did with the logo for the cover art.

That's cool!  May have to track that down on Ebay someday as I have my doubts that it will show up in a used book store around these neck of the woods.

Ikea always has Swedish cpies on their shelf! My girl scored me one (forgot it fell into her purse etc ;)
Patrolling Gotham Harbor...

I've own three versions, but I'll have to check. My first is a soft cover first printing UK edition and was bought in '89. In this version Batman faces the Joker alone in the Bell tower - No Vicki Kidnap sequence!

Second one (and I think first printing as well) is the US version where Vicki is in the Bell Tower sequence - as per the film. This is a soft cover and again I think it's a first printing.

Finally I have the hard back version, which again has Batman facing the joker alone in the Bell Tower. Again, I'm pretty sure it's UK first printing.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"