Fixing Batman and Robin

Started by Sandman, Tue, 21 Oct 2008, 23:01

Previous topic - Next topic
OK lets try this again.

We all know how bad B&R is so what would be you idea's to fix it?

i'd go with:

-Keep Val Kilmer, Sure he wasn't th best but he did great with what he had and Val is just such a great actor with better script and no Schumcher who know's how well he could have been.

-NO Schmacher, I think that speaks for itself.

-Keep Nicole Kidman, She wasn't that bad and was 1000 times better then Elle Macpherson that was next to useless. I also hate when they never say what happened to his girlfriends what is this Bond or Batman.

-Keep Robin but NO BATGIRL, We all ready got Robin can't get rid of him without screwing somthing up and O'Donnell's fine for the most part just make him less whiney...but Batgirl...just not needed.

-Ditch the Neons.

Your ideas?

Rewrite the script in a vein that was closer to Forever. Really kid friendly, but could still be taken as a serious piece of film. Find a weight and a emotional center. (Example: Bruce passing on his knowledge of a life lived for revenge and its folly to Dick  was the center of Forever)

For me, I would eliminate Batgirl and use the Scarecrow and Catwoman as the villains. I never really cared for the Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy characters.

Shoot Schumacher. Hire Nolan earlier than 2005 so he can start his series sooner.  ;D

I think one villain also would be good enough for this movie. Just have freeze in it. We don't need both villains because one will be some secondary to the other.

But yeah I think Val being batman again would have helped the movie, even if it was the only thing that was changed in the movie.

Oh and no batgirl for sure!

No bane either!

But yeah Kidman back instead of the other love interest would have helped too.

1) Give the filmmakers the scripts for a few Batman: TAS episodes.
2) Tell them to plagiarize every word.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 22 Oct  2008, 01:55
Shoot Schumacher. Hire Nolan earlier than 2005 so he can start his series sooner.  ;D

Erhhh I should have said from the start that its not about Nolan, what are the ways that you would fix it without rebooting it.

And no stupid "Nolan is god" crap either.

Nolan isnt god, but we all know he is the only one to continue batman the way he should've been done and in a new interesting take, that in my opinion no one else could've thought up, that guy is amazing just as Burton is, both very good visionary directors!!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

The whole topic is how to fix Batman and Robin NOT reboot it, i love Nolans films but that's not what were talking about. So please lets try and keep it back on topic K.

Well then maybe you shouldnt have mentioned Nolan then huh?  ;)

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.