the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning is the end is the beginning

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 12 Mar 2014, 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic
ok i've heard two versions of this song. which one was from batman and robin?

Uh well they both have the same name so it's kinda hard to seperate the two without people questioning the one from the watchmen & batman & robin  :-X ...darn you smashing pumpkin & your awesome songs  :P
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

that was my question. which one is from batman and robin? the fast one or the slow one?

Oh  :-[ the fast version  :P
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

ok ty. i like them both lol but i was just wondering. did the same pumpkins do the slow one? cause i know watchmen is pretty recent

Quotedid the same pumpkins do the slow one? cause i know watchmen is pretty recent
Yeppers  :)

ok i looked it up myself (should have to begin with lol) and both versions were on the soundtrack and the single had those two plus two instrumentals made up of parts from the songs. um, ok. lol

the fast one is batman and robiny i guess but the slow one almost sounds like it could have been from a 1997 tim burton movie. love them both like i said and i guess it depends on my mood which one i like better. right now i'm feeling rockish  ;D

Have the single here. Was a Pumpkins fan at the time so I enjoyed the song and video

As a kid I thought the video (directed by Joel Schumacher too I think) was the greatest thing I'd seen since U2's comic book animated one lol Rocking out inside a giant Batman cowl? Excellent stuff. The kind of visuals were not getting these days from the movies and their spinoff's due to a lack of theme song soundtrack. Wish they'd be brought back in honesty (I miss the days of seeing my first glimpse at the new film through it's music video) but it's just a roll of the dice who we may end up getting musically. I think the rock genre is the only suitable music for our caped friend.

There seemed to be no expence spared when it came to the music videos and Batman himself in general. They were always high quality (mini movies in themselves really). And the artists seemed to be having a great time being a part of the Batman universe for that one moment. You look at videos for the Marvel films and you can see how bland they are. Generic movie-music video clip shows with no dynamic visual style. Maybe the budgets aren't there anymore. The songs are pretty crap too lol

The Pumpkins, like U2 before them, got unfairly and completely wrongly nominated for a Razzie for their song. I feel sorry for them because they seemed thrilled to write a Batman track and wanted to get the best Bat-like tone for the song. It's a shame the movie it represented was quite at odds with what they had intended. I think both Bat rock tunes are utterly superb and it's always a blast playing them on guitar having been taught them by my dad (who loved playing them on a whim himself).