Schumacher and Batman 5

Started by shadowbat69, Thu, 1 Nov 2007, 23:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Its quite obvious that it wouldnt have made much money, it was far too early to shove another batman film down mainstream moviegoers throats, to me its common sense.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

True, but the idea of a 5th Batman and a dark one at that to finish off the old series is really interesting to me.

Exactly. It's better to leave on a high note than how it was left. This may be why all four of the original films are ridiculed by some.

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 21 Nov  2008, 03:52
True, but the idea of a 5th Batman and a dark one at that to finish off the old series is really interesting to me.
I can see your point of view, but at that point I wanted to see anything possible that was different from what had been done with the Schumacher and Burton films, it was time for a fresh new take, and thats exactly what we got.

Quote from: batass4880 on Fri, 21 Nov  2008, 04:10
Exactly. It's better to leave on a high note than how it was left. This may be why all four of the original films are ridiculed by some.

Yeah and it really looked like the film had potentail, but sadly there's no going back whats done is done, but i still love reading all the idea's of what people thought it would turn out. Everyone has there idea of how to make the old Batman series should have gone out on a high.

I just saw John Malkovich on SNL last night and it got me thinking he could have been a really good choice for the Scarecrow in Triumphant. SNL still sucks though. :P

John Malkovich great actor ;D.

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 15:27 #67 Last Edit: Sun, 25 Jan 2009, 07:42 by The Batman Returns
I'm glad that Batman Triumphant didn't come into play. I think it would've been stupid!

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Fri, 16 Jan  2009, 15:27
I'm glad that Batman Triumphnat didn't come into play. I think it would've been stupid!
Im curious to know why you think so.

Sun, 18 Jan 2009, 22:29 #69 Last Edit: Tue, 27 Jan 2009, 22:42 by The Batman Returns
I think it would have made no sense to have the Schumacher Batman films go from dark/silly to OTT campy to Batman Returns dark. I know Forever was made in response to that stupid backlash (damn you soccer mommies who bashed it >:() from Returns, but it was entertaining & had some seriousness & darkness (just not as much as the Burton films). Batman and Robin was OTT & wasn't worthy of a dark follow-up. :P