Schumacher and Batman 5

Started by shadowbat69, Thu, 1 Nov 2007, 23:33

Previous topic - Next topic
BT would certainly be an "improvement" over B&R, in the sense that it wouldn't have all this camp and much of the colorful neons, but I still think that it would be a simply boring movie. Again, remember the "serious" scenes of BF. Shallow and forced. "Dark", yeah, but an MTV-kind of dark pose. Joel is a fine director, I enjoy some of his work (Flatliners, Lost Boys, Falling Down), but IMO he never had any kind of sensibilities fit for Batman.

If you look at the big picture, it would be worse for 00s Batman films if the series faded away slowly with boring movies instead of stopping at a huge bomb and having this 7-8 year time gap.

Then, again, I might be biased.

I don't know how "Triumphant" would have turned out. Maybe it would have been boring, nobody will ever know. I think the film was planned for a 2001 release. But because of the bombing of B&R, Warner Bros. cancelled just about every Batman film project anyone could think of from that point on. We all know that for 8-years the franchise was missing-in-action, until the torch was passed onto Nolan.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

I'm glad Triumphant was not made. Schumacher did not deserve another chance after the awful Batman and Robin. However, I'd have liked to see Nicholson's dream sequences.

Sun, 3 Aug 2008, 12:29 #23 Last Edit: Sun, 3 Aug 2008, 12:31 by silenig
I don't know who is the guy that did this, if this was officially published or he drew this for fun or to promote his skill or just for his portfolio etc. "Idle Hours" seems like an expanded universe of the Burton films (all images are in the Fan Art section), and IMO the artwork is simply marvellous.

Well, if someone is talented enough on a professional level, he could illustrate some (fan-fic) sequences from those never-made "films" and give them life. A nice "what if..." kind of thing. I know that if I was an artist I'd do some drawings for the fun of it.

They are all here http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?display=2
It is by Thorsten Ebert and it not an official work.  As you said it is just to promote his skill.

They are amazing.

The Freeze design as well as the... set design is amazing, and seems to be inspired from the Penguin's "attic" in Returns.

Quote from: silenig on Sun,  3 Aug  2008, 12:29
I don't know who is the guy that did this, if this was officially published or he drew this for fun or to promote his skill or just for his portfolio etc. "Idle Hours" seems like an expanded universe of the Burton films (all images are in the Fan Art section), and IMO the artwork is simply marvellous.

Well, if someone is talented enough on a professional level, he could illustrate some (fan-fic) sequences from those never-made "films" and give them life. A nice "what if..." kind of thing. I know that if I was an artist I'd do some drawings for the fun of it.

I first saw these a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't you just die!  I love them! It would be brilliant to see something like this realized in the future.

I just came up with another actor who would have fit the role of Crane/ Scarecrow really well:

Bruce Spence

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817748/

He just popped into my head because of the Star Wars - Tim Burton actors connection.
Spence played Tion Medon, the Chairman of Utapau in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

wasn't he in one of the mad max movies as well?

he would have looked great, esp in that picture

Yes, he played the Gyro Captain.

Here's a Behind the Scenes Featurette from Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, with an interview of him. I couldn't find anything of him on YouTube for some reason.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000300.html

He appears at 04:00.