Batman batsuit

Started by Batman88, Wed, 12 Sep 2012, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Batman88 on Fri, 21 Dec  2012, 10:31
I recently bought this poster and had it framed : http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/49/4916/7MW9G00Z/posters/batman-and-robin-george-clooney.jpg

I know it's from the most maligned of the Batman movies, but when I was a kid and saw that image I fell in love with it and it still kind of resonates with me all these years later. I, too, know Batman & Robin is the worst of them all because it purposefully made fun of its title character, but that poster image (and all the other character posters that advertised the movie) are part, for better or worse, of my childhood.

Besides, I think it's a cool poster  ;D !

I don't think it made fun of the characters. I think it's light hearted and family friendly taste was not a popular approach for fans.

Quote from: Batman88 on Sat, 22 Dec  2012, 10:03
That's a really great cover, SilentEnigma ! You know, I check the forum every day to read the new posts and all the things you knowledgable Batman fans know that I don't and I always find your posts to be terrific to read and I personally agree with the way you see the Batman character.

I also bought Keaton's character poster from Returns, I'll have it framed soon.

Do you like that Clooney Batman poster I bought and framed ? What do you think of it ?

:)

Well, I like the PlayStation game, and it's this picture of Clooney that serves as the boxart. I even have the Prima guide (which is filled with comic artwork by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez) which also has this image.

Needless to say, I'm quite used to it. If I had that extra space for a "bat-room" (or bat-cave!) filled with merchandise, as I've seen others do, I would certainly have a few Schumacher posters hanging alongside Burton's and Nolan's. But, I might be the only hardcore fan that doesn't have a single Batman poster hanging in any of the apartment walls.

I'd love to have poster-sized prints of Furst's beautiful concept artworks - THAT I would frame.  :)

Have you noticed that in the OnStar commercials, the suit from B&R used there was repainted black and has the yellow/black oval emblem on it? I'll show you a pic of it:

Quote from: David Pro on Fri, 28 Dec  2012, 13:54
Have you noticed that in the OnStar commercials, the suit from B&R used there was repainted black and has the yellow/black oval emblem on it? I'll show you a pic of it:

It does look cool, though I like the absence of the yellow in the emblem of the Clooney suit.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."