Batman from the 60's?

Started by khelben1979, Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 12:48

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll be honest, after this weekend, meeting and talking with Adam West and Julie Newmar, listening to the stories they were telling on the panels, and meeting alot of core 60's fans, I have come to more of an appreciation of the show.

Adam West has contibuted so much to the Batman legacy. He was the face of Batman in the 60's. He has done voice work for Superfriends, TAS, and The Batman. TV movies for Batman. There is also more love and respect for him than for any other Batman that has been. That says something.

Yes, very true. He is a great man. Congratulations on meeting him.

A lot of people diss the 60's show for not being true to Batman but I think it was like the original comics in that you see a lot of detective work being done by Batman and Robin. It was not a dark Batman at all except I thought it was sort of dark when they were at the villain's lair and the camera angle was "crooked". I also thought the Catwoman's music was scary!

Burgess Meredith was AWESOME as the Penguin!!!

I am starting to get really impatient that WB and Fox have not come up with a deal for releasing the show on DVD's. I really wouldn't care if there is going to be a DVD release or not as long as I could tape the show on VHS. Does anybody know if this show is in syndication anymore? I have not seen it on TV since it was on FX back in 1996.

Here's a little ditty for you, the 60's Batman show is the most requested show to be put on dvd.

The 60s Batman was faithful to the comics of the time.

Thats correct It was and I loved it too!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Sat, 25 Oct 2008, 23:23 #16 Last Edit: Sat, 25 Oct 2008, 23:34 by batass4880
Does anybody know what the quality of the bootleg DVD's of the 60's show are like? I cannot find the show in syndication anywhere and I don't want to wait for an official release anymore. I'M DESPERATE!!!

from what I heard they're pretty bad! ???

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: batass4880 on Sat, 25 Oct  2008, 23:23
Does anybody know what the quality of the bootleg DVD's of the 60's show are like? I cannot find the show in syndication anywhere and I don't want to wait for an official release anymore. I'M DESPERATE!!!

I think there are multiple versions of the bootlegs in circulation. Keep in mind, that the show is frequently in syndication so there's plenty of opportunities for different people to record it and burn it to DVD. 

Also, after the recent lawsuit over Watchmen, I do believe the 60's series is now able to be released.