New Keaton Interview

Started by shadowbat69, Wed, 23 Jan 2008, 03:44

Previous topic - Next topic
New Keaton interview where he speaks about Batman and the subsequent sequels.

MTV: I want to take you back to "Batman" for a second. I got a chance to talk to Jack Nicholson recently.

Keaton: That's fun if you can hang with that stream of consciousness. It's like reading [Bob] Dylan's book "Tarantula." I bought it, and by page 15 I go, "Did I just eat mescaline? This is unbelievable."

MTV: He told me he's furious that they didn't asked him to play the Joker again.

Keaton: No! Is he serious? I've got to call him up on that, give him a hard time.

MTV: What's your take on the latest Batman?

Keaton: I've only seen a little piece [of the sequels] here and there since I finished mine, not for any reason except that I didn't have any real interest. The reason they weren't interesting was the reason I didn't want to do them anymore. I read the script [for "Batman Forever"]. I wasn't into it. But how I wanted to do the third one is what they did in ["Batman Begins"]. I read an article about how they were going about it and I said, "That's exactly what I thought should be done." [Christopher Nolan] is so good and [Christian Bale] is so good. I really would like to see ["Batman Begins"]. I'm sure it's good and I'm sure ["The Dark Knight"] is going to be better.

MTV: Has a superhero film ever come calling with a villain role for you?

Keaton: No, but it would be fun. I don't think I'd take Jack's stance on it. I think it'd be fun because those are the roles where you get to chew it up. I'll always stand by the first [Batman]. Even for its imperfections, people will never know how hard that movie was to do. A lot of that still holds up today."

Theres also some talk about the Beetlejuice sequel.

Source: MTV

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1579979/20080121/story.jhtml

I like Keaton's interviews. He's always down to earth, to the point and honest about his opinions.

What element of Begins script did he want to continue with? the prequel aspect, the scarecrow, back to basics or inclusion of crime gangs again?

i know it has been discussed somewhere before.

He wanted to do the origin thing. Wanted to show his training and such. They could have very easily done that in flashback style and still continue with the franchise. Shame we will never know.

Quote from: shadowbat69 on Wed, 23 Jan  2008, 20:02
He wanted to do the origin thing. Wanted to show his training and such. They could have very easily done that in flashback style and still continue with the franchise. Shame we will never know.

it would have been cool to see Keaton training.  He toned up for Desperate Measures during 1997, and I'm sure he would have done the same in 1993/4.  It really would have given another side to his Bruce.

I totaly agree with you guys, It would have been awsome seeing Michael become BATMAN, although we see in the first movie how his parents were shot by young Jack Napier, still I'm pretty sure it would have been a very atractive movie with Michael in the giant bat suit again fighting against Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones also Tim Burton's direction and Danny Elfman's music ... Master Piece.
I made you...but you made me first !