Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic

75 Years of Wonder Woman video that incorporates the sweet Wonder Woman theme from BvS!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That theme just makes me happy and excited. Such a badass theme Hans cooked up. Definitely worthy of a Trinity member.

Nice teaser poster!

With Wonder Woman being in silhouette, it makes me think of the Batman Begins teaser poster, though this one is more colorful and makes the image stands out further.  :)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm a happy camper. The poster Works.

Wonderful!

As a reader, Wonder Woman's line, "I was brought to life by Zeus." kinda caught my attention. Especially since it's not "I am the daughter of Zeus." That may very well be what DC is going to retcon from her New52 origin for the current Rebirth THE LIES story arc. Where she's revealed to not actually be a child born from an affair between her mother Hippolyta and Zeus, but rather taking it back to her classic origin a bit where she was molded from clay in the form of a baby, and given powers by the Greek Gods and finally given life by Zeus.

Me being stoked for this movie is an understatement.  ;D

You should write a comic influence analysis of this next year, Joker. I'm rather poorly read when it comes to Wonder Woman comics, so I won't have much insight into how faithfully it holds to the source material. But I'd be interested in reading an analysis by someone who's better versed in the mythos.

Nice trailer! I like the part where Hippolyta warns Diana about mankind. It foreshadows Diana mentioning to Bruce how she lost faith in humanity following the horrors of WW1 at the end of BvS.

Judging by the action, it appears that WW is not afraid to kill. I'd be very surprised if she's escapes backlash from do-gooders who complained about Superman and Batman.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei