Heath Ledgers Joker

Started by Joker81, Sat, 12 Jul 2008, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't see anything even remotely Joker-ish about Ledger.  It seems to me that all they've done is put your standard cliche movie pyscho in bad make-up.  There's more Hannibal Lector to that look than there is Joker.

I guess most of us will find out this week (next week for the rest of us  ???)

Yeah I see your point Henchmen21, and I agree.

I have already said if they take the humour completely out of the character for me that will be disaster, because then hes not the Joker. Just another movie psycho we've seen a 100 times in thriller movies over the years.

^ Quite.  I maintain that the best Jokers are equally humorous and scary.  I have a feeling, based on reviews I've read and footage I've seen, that Ledger pulled it off.  Obviously I can't say for sure until I see it.

Quote from: Joker81 on Mon, 14 Jul  2008, 19:54
Now I'm not knocking the look of the new Joker, I'm looking forward to this as much as anyone! But to me he is the crow in colour.

This is funny lol when I showed my dad a picture of Ledgers Joker he thought it was Michael Keaton! He thought he looked like Beetlejuice. Ironic huh?
Indeed.  I'd say that "The Crow in color" description is apt, as is the comparison to Beetlejuice.  Really, it's a combination of the makeup design for The Crow and the sloppy style of Beetlejuice.

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Having seen TDK, Ledger soundly beats out Nicholson to be the definitive Joker for all times.

Batmangelus, thats a great quote you got there about the Joker murdering the Waynes! ;D

If Ledger does not get an Oscar for this, I have lost faith in the system. Ledger had electricity running through his body. He was downright sinister, I felt bad for laughing at his behaviour. A landmark villain in this type of film.

The system is flawed anyway. just look at Steven Spielberg. He and his films were overlooked for years.

I dont rate the oscars anyway.

oh and also, how can you say he deserves the oscar until you have seen the other movies that will be released in the next 8 months?

I cant take Ledger's oscar call serious(excuse the pun) as people were calling for him to be nominated and win an oscar even before TDK was released! Its ridiculas. And fake.

Quote from: Joker81 on Fri, 18 Jul  2008, 18:18
The system is flawed anyway. just look at Steven Spielberg. He and his films were overlooked for years.

I dont rate the oscars anyway.

QFT.
Kubrick never won Best Director either.

And Trisha Biggar was snubbed for the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Costume Department three times. Once for Road to Perdition (30's fashion- how Oscar worthy...) and another time for Memories of a Gaisha (same here).

Same goes for Special Effects.

God the Oscars are overrated. They used to stand for something WAAAY back, now they're a red carpet popularity political debate. Anyone remember George Clooney's speech back in 2006? What a douche.