Dark knight Game

Started by Sandman, Tue, 8 Jul 2008, 04:08

Previous topic - Next topic
With The Dark Knight coming out in a few days i was wondering if anyone thought it was kinda odd that they arn't bringing out a game on the movie it's strange if you think about it every other superhero type movie thats come out over the last 7 years or so has had its own game even Begins, so i found it odd anyway has anyone heard anything about why there not making one or anything at all about it?

And as sort of a second question if they were to make one what things would you like to see in it like take for example i would like to see:
-Take full advantage of the next gen graphics.
-Free roam around gotham instead of having just a basic level game like BB.
-Be able to drive the bat tank thing(i forgot the name)and batpod without having a chosen path.
-The batsuit thing again were once you finish the game you can play again in a different batsuit but instead of having all similar ones have the adam west cloth suit, keaton's batsuit 89 and returns, VK's forever suit and even Clooneys famous nipple robocop suit.
-Harder villians mabye even play as them.

Didn't Begins' game come out with the DVD release?

I enjoyed Begins' game, but on the whole, movie tie-ins are rarely good.

I would like to see pretty much everything you mentioned. And also, being able to you batarangs and grapling hooks where ever you wanted to.

Hummm might have i live in australia so if memory is right i think it came out around the same time as the movie but i can't be 100% sure. Yeah Begins is still a good game a little repetitive at times but good none the less and yes the batarangs and grapling hooks would be a nice touch ;D.

I highly doubt we will be seeing any TDK game on a next generation console at this stage.

After seeing TDK last night i really hope more then ever that they bring out a game now.

As do I, but I don't see this happening.

It is currently in development, but all the annoucements have been very down played becayse there aren't exactly rushing into it.

Woo Hoo to bad we have to wait a while though but oh well at least lego batman's coming out pretty soon lol.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 19 Jul  2008, 17:08
It is currently in development, but all the annoucements have been very down played becayse there aren't exactly rushing into it.
Fine by me as long as they are putting a great deal of effort into it. GoldenEye 007 came out in 1997, two years after the 1995 film of the same name.

Most games in general are a waste of time, unless they  push the limits of what electronic entertainment is all about (like Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Uncharted for PS3). Most movie/comics games are not even decent and serve as diversions for kids. GoldenEye (made by Rare, one of the best game developers of the 90s) is one of the few exceptions to this unwritten rule, the game moved forward the FPS genre. Be happy if a game is not released :)