Batman (2011 onwards)

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 2 Sep 2011, 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: GBglide on Thu,  4 May  2023, 22:09
Is anybody psyched for Batman #135 (900)? It establishes Keaton's and West's Batman in the DC comics continuity.

I haven't kept up with DC Comics since shortly after "DC Rebirth" (I grew cold during New52, Rebirth had me back for a hot minute, but it was quickly squandered away), but the images of Keats and West briefly encountering the comic book iteration are neat moments.

I remember something similar back during the "Zero Hour" event with Superman being confronted by multiple Batmen, including the Lewis Wilson, and DCAU Batman's. At least on the cover.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Iirc, in that issue of Superman: The Man Of Steel, in rapid succession, Superman encountered the Finger/Kane Batman, the O'Neil/Adams Batman and Miller's TDKR Batman. It was like the Batmen swapped out with each other during their conversation. There may have been other Batmen too. But those for sure were there.

And obviously, the cover included even more Batmen.

Jon Bogdanove had some incredible range.

Quote from: GBglide on Thu,  4 May  2023, 22:09
Is anybody psyched for Batman #135 (900)? It establishes Keaton's and West's Batman in the DC comics continuity.
I'm looking forward to it. This promises to be the No Way Home multiverse tale some people would be wanting in comparison to the way The Flash handles things, which I don't really have a problem with. Arkham Batman is included too, and it confirms the fear toxin hallucination we see at the end of Arkham Knight was indeed him with references to his identity going public and life as he knew it being over. That would be a fascinating story to explore in a line of comics.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat,  6 May  2023, 03:08
Iirc, in that issue of Superman: The Man Of Steel, in rapid succession, Superman encountered the Finger/Kane Batman, the O'Neil/Adams Batman and Miller's TDKR Batman. It was like the Batmen swapped out with each other during their conversation. There may have been other Batmen too. But those for sure were there.

And obviously, the cover included even more Batmen.

Jon Bogdanove had some incredible range.

I also dug that Kelly Jones' Batman was also one that got a nod on the cover.

Course, how could you miss those bat ears!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I was a little confused by the last page, what's the deal with all the Batmen being turned into Zur-en-arrh?